“Good Sushi”

Ginza Japanese Steak House
Ranked #983 of 2,449 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: Japanese, Steakhouse
Reviewed February 17, 2013

We ate the the sushi bar. The service was a little slow, but once the first round of sushi arrived they were on the ball making sure we always had food on the table. I would eat here again if I were in the area

Reviewed April 20, 2012

This used to be one of my favorite places on the Westside of Indy, but I was extremely disappointed on our last visit. When my kids were younger, we often went there for special occasions. Recently, we took our Grandchildren there to "see the show" and enjoy the food. We were very disappointed with both.The chef did very little in the area of showmanship and barely even spoke to anyone at the table. The food was bland at best (although the portions were good). The atmosphere was dark, dingy and dirty. Very disappointing! Not at all what it used to be. Like one other reviewer stated, "I hope they can save it." I'd hate to see another empty building on the Westside.

Reviewed December 26, 2011

I have tried so many sushi places. If you are looking for fresh sushi, not fried or modified, this is the place you would like. The hibachi tables are good but the sushi bar is what I love. I am crazy about the crazy tuna! Yummy and fresh.

Reviewed August 23, 2011

I have been to Ginza Japanese Steak House on multiple occassions. The food is consistently good. The prices are considerably lower if you go during lunch hours (about half price for entrees) and they have extended lunch hours on Sundays. I always leave with a "people bag" since I always enough food left over to take something home with me.

Reviewed May 9, 2011

I have loved this place for years, however, the last 2-3 times have been disappointing. Since new owner took over both svc & food quality/proportions have diminished. Hope they can save it!