“Excellent, as usual”

Cuisines: Mongolian
Dining options: Buffet, Outdoor Seating
Neighborhood: Castleton
Reviewed September 12, 2011

We discovered BD's Mongolian BBQ a couple years ago... and we've been hooked ever since! Who could beat a create-your-own stir fry meal? Choose you meat(s) - everything from ribeye to chicken to shrimp and more. Choose your fillers - such as pasta, noodles and tofu. Choose your veggies. And, finally, create your own sauce combination. Then, step over to the grill area for entertainment as the cooks wield long sword-like utensils to stir fry your meal right in front of you.

My favorite meal... smoke sausage, tofu, alfalfa sprouts, onions, mushrooms, tomatoes, and green peppers covered in my sauce combination of shiitaki mushroom sauce, chili garlic sauce and pad thai sauce with a pinch of cayenne, a pinch of cajun seasoning, and a bit of garlic. Mmmmmm, good! If you're not that brave at choosing your own combination, though, have no fear... they have "recipe cards" to help guide you.

It is definitely more than just a meal... it's an experience! We've seen lots of large groups there for birthday parties as well. It would make an excellent place to meet a large group of friends for a fun night out.

One tip... you can save money (about $3 a person) by making just one trip up. Just fill your bowl carefully and STUFF as much in as you can. You can also save money by going before 4pm... you'll pay the lunch price! And, be sure to sign up for their birthday club so you can get a FREE meal for your birthday!

1  Thank pippercat

Reviewed September 1, 2011

This restaurent is a fun place to go! You're given a large bowl that you fill with raw meats and veggies from their food bar (it will be cooked) Take a much or as little as you like! You can choose from chicken, beef, shrimp, smoked sausage and many, many other meats as well as every veggie you can imagine. Once you've selected your meat and veggies, you can create your own sauce to go with your meal. Again there are a multitude of spices, sauces that range from very mild to the very hot...your choice. Once you've selected your food and created your personal sauce, you take it to one of the chefs at the gigantic round grill. The chef will cook your food to order right in front of you, adding your sauce just before it's done cooking. Then your food is plated and returned to you for your enjoyment. You could go everyday and never have the same thing twice or you can create the exact same dish each time...your choice. It's one of my favorite places to take people. I rate this place A+.

Reviewed July 12, 2011

My first experience at BDs Mongolian BBQ was enough for me not to go back for a multitude of reasons.

1) The host seated us at a table that was obviously dirty and had the nerve to wipe off some sauce with a dry napkin. We had to ask him to come back and wipe the table down with his cleaning rag because it was literally sticky.

2) Food was fairly good, until I saw little ants crawling on the table and the wall next to me.

3) They now charge you to take home your leftovers. WTH??? I paid for this food, and I should get to take it home without paying extra. Dumbest thing I've ever heard of.

4) My biggest issue came when it was time to pay the bill. I paid by credit card, and as I watched her walk away to the register, I saw her mixing drinks while holding my credit card in her hand. After a very long time waiting, she still had not finished my payment. In this day of identity theft, you don't walk away with someone's credit card and start doing other stuff. That's very bad business. As I waited, she continued to make drinks to the point where I had to actually go to the counter and ask her to run it while I was standing there.

Thanks but no thanks, BDs Mongolian BBQ. I'll take my business back to Stir Crazy where the place is clean, and I get to take home my leftovers at no extra cost.

1  Thank Hevron1
Reviewed August 14, 2009

Didn't think it was very clean.

Reviewed July 30, 2009

Have been here many times and love the concept. Adds a little entertainment to lunch or dinner. Price is appropriate, food is good quality, and they will stir fry your food separately if asked, if food allergies are a problem. My only complaint is the music is more like a bar in volume, where you have to raise your voice a bit across the table. Its toned down a bit from how it used to be, but how about dropping it down another notch? I really don't need to rock at lunchtime.