“Great Service”

Oceanaire Seafood Room
Reserve with OpenTable
Oceanaire Seafood Room is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 2,421 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown Indianapolis
Description: As sleek as a 1930s ocean liner, yet as relaxed as a dinner on the shore, the Oceanaire provides the perfect setting to enjoy Ultra-Fresh seafood, flown in daily from around the world. Sip a Sidecar in the lounge, sidle up to the oyster bar, or kick back in a horseshoe booth before diving into a sea of Ultra-Fresh fish, including steak-cut Alaskan halibut, seasonal favorites like fresh Copper River salmon or hard-to-find delicacies like true Dover sole or bluefin tuna. Our daily-printed menu will guide you, a wine list as deep as the sea will seduce you, and the world's freshest seafood awaits you at the Oceanaire.
Reviewed March 4, 2014

We have eaten here several times. We have always had great servers. This time I was a little disappointed in my meal. The fish I had ordered was a firmer fish and I prefer a flakier one. This is just personal preference. But if you order the fishermans platter you might keep that in mind. The building is very pretty and like I said the wait staff was very helpful. I think you would yourself.

Reviewed March 1, 2014

While the service was good, the food was average and the prices were unbelievably high. Two people....two beers (no other alcohol), one shared appetizer, shared salad & shared side dish and two fish entrees. Total? $130!!!!!! And that was BEFORE the tip!

There is no warning that the fish is prepared and sent to table with the head and tail still intact. This is somewhat stomach turning for some diners (including my girlfriend) and somewhat deflates the overall ambiance. The flavor of my dish was very bland. My girlfriend had the scallops for dinner....there were three. Not very filling, and certainly not worth the outrageous price.

We won't be back, even if it was half-price.

Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

Had a great experience years ago in Minneapolis. Unfortunately, this was a disappointment.

We dined here the day after Valentine's Day. They were a little behind on reservations so we had a couple of drinks at the bar. Once our table was ready one of the hostesses came to tell us. Instead of allowing us to close the tab out she asked if she could take my wife while I wait for the bill. I just found it entirely rude that the restaurant was late for our reservation, yet, they couldn't give me 2 minutes to close our tab out.

I told another hostess that I was disappointed in how this was handled and she said the manager would come by... Didn't happen.

Next, we were seated at a table that was probably 2 feet in diameter and resembled a cocktail table. Given I made my reservation a couple of weeks out I was really disappointed that we were seated at such a ridiculous table.

At the end of the day the food was excellent but the overall experience plain out sucked. When you're spending this kind of money on a meal they entire experience should be nearly flawless.

In my opinion your money is best spent elsewhere in Indy.

Reviewed February 25, 2014

I actually visited this restaurant while I attended a talk presented by a pharmaceutical company. We were not seated in the main restaurant on the first floor, but were led to the 6th floor where we had a private room.
I had the river sturgeon, which I highly recommend. My friend and I both enjoyed this fish, which (for us) came with creamed corn, asparagus with hollandaise sauce and garlic red masked potatoes. All of the sides were very tasty, but my favorite was the mashed potatoes. For dessert we were offered a slice of cheesecake and chocolate mouse - the marriage of the two was amazing!
Although I did not experience the "normal" dining experience, I can rate the food - excellent!

Reviewed February 3, 2014

The reputation and pricing of this restaurant would lead one to believe that the dining experience would be flawless.

Yes, the service was good until the time to pay the bill............seemed to take awhile to receive the bill.

Yes, the food was good, although there was more "sand" in our clam chowder than I have ever experienced................Campbell soup does a better job in this arena.

BUT the real surprise was the cleanliness.............our table was adjacent to a wall which was splattered with white spots, perhaps the result of cracking crab legs or something....the splatter area was nearly the width of the table and in an area of some 18" to 30" above the table surface. Somewhat distasteful................

AND............by the way............it is an over-priced menu............many items priced $35-50.......to me, this is arrogance.............and, because of the pricing of the wines, we did not partake. Everyone is entitled to a fair mark-up, but theirs is excessive.