“Great seafood and great service”

Oceanaire Seafood Room
Reserve with OpenTable
Oceanaire Seafood Room is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #46 of 2,435 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown Indianapolis
Description: As sleek as a 1930s ocean liner, yet as relaxed as a dinner on the shore, the Oceanaire provides the perfect setting to enjoy Ultra-Fresh seafood, flown in daily from around the world. Sip a Sidecar in the lounge, sidle up to the oyster bar, or kick back in a horseshoe booth before diving into a sea of Ultra-Fresh fish, including steak-cut Alaskan halibut, seasonal favorites like fresh Copper River salmon or hard-to-find delicacies like true Dover sole or bluefin tuna. Our daily-printed menu will guide you, a wine list as deep as the sea will seduce you, and the world's freshest seafood awaits you at the Oceanaire.
Reviewed October 23, 2012

If you want great fresh seafood and the best service, this is certainly the place to be. We have always enjoyed dining here. Love the salmon.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

I was able to try Oceanaire Seafood room and I was very satisfied. The menu was a bit complicated on the different ways you can prepare your items with the different sauces. I ordered the Clam chowder which was meaty and tasty, a Full Fish Snapper with chili sauce and it was succulent and delicious, and a Creme Brulee which was creamy and mesmorizing ! The server was polite, helpful and did not rush us. The menu is pricey so be ready to spend a pretty penny on dinner. Overall, the food I ordered was tasty.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed our evening. The wine was good, appetizers were yummy - our entree's were tasty and the key lime pie was the perfect ending. Our waiter was Tim....informative and attentive. I especially liked the little plate of veggies brought with the bread! Sometimes little things can make a big difference!

Reviewed October 19, 2012

A couple or three years back I would have given this 5 stars and said GO. After today's business lunch (we were 5 people with a reservation) I'd say keep walking and try somewhere else like Fogo De Chou down the street or one of the other local spots. At Oceanaire I found the prices had skyrocketed, and the care and quality have fallen. Things like the fish & chips, which were $9.95 before were $15.95 today, for example. The chowder is still good but was overpriced and two of us sent ours back as it was delivered almost cold. Not even moderately warm. This shows lack of caring & checking in the kitchen and by staff.

I had the fried platter and while it was OK I felt for over $20 the portions were so-so at best and one of the oysters had a piece of shell I ended up biting down on. As I recall scallops were once a part of this but today's was fried fish, shrimp and oysters. Scallops are apparently on the missing list or they got lost in the huge portion of fries which covered the plate!

The waiter seemed not to really care all that much (and they were not full, far from it) and while he promptly got us more/warm soup and made some efforts he seemed shocked when I asked "what became of the herring?" which used to be served as a complimentary starter along with the veggies, peppers and pickles on ice. The veggies looked about half what they used to be and while he brought herring he seemed shocked I asked. As I was not paying I do not know if it was included (always was before) or ended up on the bill.

Anyway, the lunch was not bad...it was just lacking the quality, quantity, care and attention which used to be Oceanaire hallmarks. I'd go back, but to be honest only if someone else was (as was the case today) paying and not me.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

We visited with a group of ten. From start we were given the feeling we should to be greatful to be let in. Waited at the bar, where its a struggle to get your drinks. No possibility to transfer drink to diner tab.
Poor seating. Of our ten diners 2 were not accetable. The swordfish tasted like cardboard. A steak was burned but too red inside. The answer: the chef says it is good and according our standard. I eat swordfish around the world. This was the worst ever. So if the chef tells me I got it wrong, I know I got one thing wrong: the place to eat. Never again.

1  Thank Sjier