“A fine steak indeed it was”

St. Elmo Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
St. Elmo Steak House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 2,384 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown Indianapolis
Cross street: Maryland
Reviewed June 3, 2014

As all great steakhouses, the food and service were wonderful. Be sure not to pass on the signature shrimp cocktail as it will clear your head.

There are newer reviews for St. Elmo Steak House

Reviewed June 1, 2014

My wife and I had a fantastic meal at St. Elmo's on Saturday to celebrate her birthday. Everything was perfect from the great table, food through to the desert with a birthday candle.
A memorable and fun evening for us both. We would recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank Colin W
Reviewed May 30, 2014

I have heard of St. Elmo's for years and finally was able to visit over the Memorial Day weekend. This is the best steak house I have eaten and I have been to many. You have to try one of the signature fiery shrimp cocktails, but hang on!!! Service was impeccable. Pricey, but worth every penny. Reservations are a must.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

Serving Indianapolis since 1902 and still doing it up proud. Started with the famous Shrimp Cocktail ( a little skeptical, it is Indiana after all) were excellent and the hand ground horse radish sauce was as good as advertised. Had the wet aged bone-in filet, it was cooked perfectly and extremely flavorful. Creamed spinach was excellent with plentiful amounts of Parmesan cheese. Not a place for the diet (or budget) conscious, but it was a great meal.

1  Thank Tony G
Reviewed May 29, 2014

I went to St Elmos for the first time since we moved here in 1991. We celebrated my 50th birthday and had a fabulous time. The filet was the best I have ever eaten and of course the shrimp was fabulous. Everything we ate that night was delicious. The service was excellent. Our waiter Stephen was great. Very knowledgable and anticipated all of our needs. St Elmos is a must for anyone living in or visiting Indianapolis!