“That shrimp cocktail will blow your mind”

St. Elmo Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
St. Elmo Steak House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 2,363 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown Indianapolis
Cross street: Maryland
Wilmington, Ohio
“That shrimp cocktail will blow your mind”
Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

My friends and I recently visited St. Elmo's when we were in town for Big Ten championship game we were very pleased with the food, they are famous for their shrimp cocktail if you order it you will not be disappointed Great steaks and great service if you're ever in Indianapolis you that we must visit St. Elmo's

Littleton, Colorado
“A legend in Indy and the USA”
Reviewed December 11, 2013

This is a Indy tradition and regardless of your income level, you must scrap up enough coin to go this lengendary landmark. The service, food and bar is old style and first class from top to bottom. I must warn you, however, the famous shrimp cocktail is very good but incredibly spicey...and this comes from a spicey horseradish lover!

• Visited December 2013
Tennessee
“Don't Miss This Restaurant”
Reviewed December 10, 2013

While in Indy, you have to have one meal at this restaurant! We celebrated my birthday at the restaurant and it was the best. You must first start with their famous shrimp cocktail. Our waiter was the best and the steaks were possibly the best I have ever had.

• Visited November 2013
michigan
“A Must”
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Special ambiance, service and the best steak I have ever had. When I told the waiter that I could not order the famous St. Elmo's shrimp cocktail because I cannot eat seafood, he kindly brought me the cocktail sauce with crackers so I could experience this appetizer the best I could. This resulted in us taking home a bottle of the sauce! While it is an expensive meal, it is a dining experience which goes hand in hand with visiting Indianapolis. The perfect dining experience.

chicago
“HIgh priced.. food ok”
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Service is outstanding. Food was good. Not sure why everyone raves about this place. The shrimp cocktail is heavy on the horseradish. The steaks were good well... boring but cooked well. nothing to write home about. I would have enjoyed Chris Ruth Steak house ( just down the street) just as much... for a fraction of the price. VERY expensive and crowed and noisy, little to no atmosphere.
I won't be back... nothing "special" to justify the price.
You'll spend $70-100 per person.

1 Thank ChgoGal2