“Delicious food, great environment”

St. Elmo Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
St. Elmo Steak House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 2,363 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown Indianapolis
Cross street: Maryland
Fresno, California
“Delicious food, great environment”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

We came to Indianapolis for the half marathon in May 2013 and this was our first meal of the trip. LOTS of people in the restaurant so we opted for the lounge upstairs which was a very neat area, had a sort of "speak easy" feel to it. Great food, especially the sliders.

• Visited May 2013

Belton, Missouri
“Great Experience”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

The restaurant is much larger than the outside woud suggest. They recommend reservations - but we were able to get in with no problem.

I tried their signature shrimp cocktail. Never having ate Shrimp Cocktail - I was pleasantly surprised...but you do have to be careful with the horseradish....they use a lot of it. :)

Visited August 2013
Victor, New York
“Love it, love it, love it!!”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

We visited this place a year or so ago and it was wonderful. We sat at the bar and tried 2 things we'd seen mentioned on tv as they were leading up to the super bowl- the shrimp cocktail and the filet Mignon sliders. Oh my gosh, they were both amazing. Great big shrimp with delicious sauce and the sliders just melted in your mouth. It's almost worth the 10-hour drive to go back again!! The ambiance is awesome too. Highly recommend it!

• Visited November 2012
Ridgeland, Ms
“Great meal from start to finish”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

This was one of our all time favorite meals. The shrimp cocktail was marvelous as we had heard.
I had a wonderful fillet and my wife had the Amish chicken which was the best I have ever eaten.
For dessert we had the chocolate bread pudding and coffee; it was the perfect ending to the perfect meal.
The service was great

• Visited October 2013
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Great steak”
Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

This will probably be ranked as one of my top 5 steaks. I'm normally not a big fan of a lot of seasoning on my steaks as I feel it takes away from the flavor of the meat, but their flavoring just enhanced the meat instead of detracting. I was told to get the shrimp cocktail, so I did, but I was nervous about trying the fiery sauce and I was right to be nervous. It was so spicy I ended up scraping as much of it off as I could. The shrimp was great - plump and chilled - but I just couldn't do the sauce. It definitely cleared out my sinuses though!! Even with a reservation, I ended up waiting 25 minutes, but it was worth it. And the offensive line from the Colts was there that night, so they were more than a little busy. Definitely make a reservation. I don't know that I would have gotten in without one! If you are in Indianapolis and near downtown, definitely go here! Ruth Chris is practically next door, but you'll get what I would argue is a better steak at a better price!