“Love it, love it, love it!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of St. Elmo Steak House

St. Elmo Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
St. Elmo Steak House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 2,339 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown Indianapolis
Cross street: Maryland
Victor, New York
“Love it, love it, love it!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

We visited this place a year or so ago and it was wonderful. We sat at the bar and tried 2 things we'd seen mentioned on tv as they were leading up to the super bowl- the shrimp cocktail and the filet Mignon sliders. Oh my gosh, they were both amazing. Great big shrimp with delicious sauce and the sliders just melted in your mouth. It's almost worth the 10-hour drive to go back again!! The ambiance is awesome too. Highly recommend it!

• Visited November 2012

Ridgeland, Ms
“Great meal from start to finish”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

This was one of our all time favorite meals. The shrimp cocktail was marvelous as we had heard.
I had a wonderful fillet and my wife had the Amish chicken which was the best I have ever eaten.
For dessert we had the chocolate bread pudding and coffee; it was the perfect ending to the perfect meal.
The service was great

• Visited October 2013
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Great steak”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

This will probably be ranked as one of my top 5 steaks. I'm normally not a big fan of a lot of seasoning on my steaks as I feel it takes away from the flavor of the meat, but their flavoring just enhanced the meat instead of detracting. I was told to get the shrimp cocktail, so I did, but I was nervous about trying the fiery sauce and I was right to be nervous. It was so spicy I ended up scraping as much of it off as I could. The shrimp was great - plump and chilled - but I just couldn't do the sauce. It definitely cleared out my sinuses though!! Even with a reservation, I ended up waiting 25 minutes, but it was worth it. And the offensive line from the Colts was there that night, so they were more than a little busy. Definitely make a reservation. I don't know that I would have gotten in without one! If you are in Indianapolis and near downtown, definitely go here! Ruth Chris is practically next door, but you'll get what I would argue is a better steak at a better price!

Pender, Nebraska
“You must dine here”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

Food is wonderful. Be sure to order the shrimp appetizer. Service is fantastic. First class all the way. Be sure to make a reservation.

Bradenton, Florida
“Wow.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

The best and most expensive meal I've ever had. It was worth every penny. This place is an experience and his popular with sports figures, celebrities and travelers. The filet was melt in your mouth. Try the lobster mac and cheese and the shrimp cocktail. As a New Englander I know good seafood and it was superb! Probably not a place for little ones. Make a reservation.

• Visited October 2013