“Great food, great service!”

St. Elmo Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
St. Elmo Steak House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 2,384 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown Indianapolis
Cross street: Maryland
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I went here by myself while in Indianapolis on business. The staff was extremely accomodating from the minute I walked through the door. I ate at a small table in the bar, with the bartender as a server and he was phenomenal. When I arrived, it was early so he was not busy, but by the time I left, he was hopping, but he never neglected me in the slightest. I had the shrimp cocktail since that's what they are famous for and it did not disappoint. If you have a head cold, go to St. Elmos and have the shrimp cocktail. The sauce will clear those sinuses right up. But it was AMAZING! Rather than have a full meal, I had the tenderloin chops appetizer and it was wonderful. Perfectly seasoned and cooked.....it was spectacular. Couple this spectacular dining experience with a couple of glasses of fine wine, and you have a winning evening. If you go to Indianapolis.....don't walk, RUN to St. Elmo's and you won't be disappointed. Worth every penny.

There are newer reviews for St. Elmo Steak House

Reviewed November 6, 2012

Decided to try St. Elmo's on a recent trip to Indy while in town to catch the Browns/Colts game. I had heard many good reviews and I was not disappointed! Service was excellent with the waiters all wearing suits and bowties. Food was great! I ordered from their special Sunday menu, which was a great deal! I had the shrimp cocktail, filet, potatoes, green beans and cheesecake all for $35! This is an awesome deal, being the the filet itself is normally over $35 without any sides. Will definitely return if visiting Indianapolis again!

1  Thank irishwen
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We each had the filet and they were both done to perfection!! Very tender and tasty. The only complaint that I would have is that we asked our waiter to recommend a nice wine in the $40 - $50 price range and the one that we got tasted like an $8 bottle of wine. I know that there is a huge mark up on wine but I guess I expected more. They do have an extensive wine list so I guess if you want a flavorful wine you will have to spend more than that. I would definitely go back and just order something else to drink.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I wrote a very positive review of St. Elmo's back in July. I just wanted to add that on a return visit to the bar in October, I forgot my wallet at my hotel. Fortunately, my hotel was just next door. I asked the staff if they wanted to send someone with me while I went to retrieve my wallet, but they must have decided I looked trustworthy. They could have embarrassed me in front of other patrons or been snotty, but they were kind and allowed me to run next door to get my wallet and pay. Thanks St. Elmo's staff!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

After being rained out (and bummed out!) at the U.S. Nationals we decided to treat ourselves to a nice dinner out on our last night in Indy. The concierge at our hotel recommended this place. The decor was very nice and the food was also really good. Make sure you have their famed shrimp cocktail. But be aware their cocktail sauce has quite the horseradish bite! It took our breath away at first, but we like foods like that. The steaks were not quite grilled the way I like but I am not one to send food back. Next time I will order mine rare, not medium rare. It really is a nice place to have dinner.