“Great Restaurant!”

St. Elmo Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
St. Elmo Steak House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 2,379 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cross street: Maryland
Ohio
“Great Restaurant!”
Reviewed September 19, 2011

Service was great. food was fantastic! Shrimp Cocktail was definately different! Very hot but the hotness goes away quickly (not like hot wings).
Very expensive but worth it! Would visit again!

Indianapolis, Indiana
“Amazing Steak, Amazing Service...”
Reviewed September 13, 2011

I lived in Indianapolis for nine months, and decided to visit St. Elmo's during my last week in the city, before flying back to Europe. A Saturday evening, and we had no reservations, yet we were seated promptly at a cosy corner table. Rico, our server, was extremely busy with a full section, but greeted us in a matter of minutes with our menus and a wine list. The busser was efficient in keeping our waters filled and our breadbasket full. I ordered an Italian Pinot Noir, which unfortunately was out of stock, but Rico was more than helpful in suggesting another bottle which was perfect! My friend had the infamous shrimp cocktail, which lived up to his expectations, red hot! We ordered the NY Strip and the Filet Mignon, both a perfect medium rare, and were possibly the best steaks either of us have ever had! We finished with the New York Style Cheesecake, and my fellow diner is from New York, and deemed it both delicious and deserving of the title.
Our experience was memorable and I would like to thank the staff and management at St. Elmo's, and Rico, for making my last dining experience in Indianapolis, and indeed, America, an amazing one!

Florida
“Shrimp Cocktail - Horse Radish on FIRE!”
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Great evening. Lucky to get reservations. Without compare, is the cocktail sauce lumped on large chilled shrimp makes a run of the mill appetizer a must have here. Made from fresh horse radish that day...it's a sinus clearer. Had the porterhouse and my wife had the rib cap steak. Both were awesome. Very upscale and esoteric wine list with a few good values sprinkled in. Great atmosphere but would not count this establishment as a quite place for a romantic meal.

Lexington, Kentucky
“Descent food, slow service.”
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Three of us ate there this past weekend. Shrimp cocktail was really good and spicy as promised. Steaks were good but not great. Salads were good as well. Very loud and crowded. Standing room only in the bar, it was packed...

“Best steak EVER!”
Reviewed September 11, 2011

I have eaten many steaks at many steak houses in several states. The filet mignon was devine! Wow! The only thing I was disappointed about is that I hadn't eaten here sooner. Bravo!!!!