“Love this place”

Neighborhood: Castleton
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
“Love this place”
Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

A friend introduced me to this place several years ago. It's in a strip mall, so it's very unassuming. Open the door and it's a huge bar split into three sections.....with TVs everywhere for all the big games.

The food here is outstanding. You must have the hermanaki wings....they are the best in the city. Their chicken quesadillas are awesome as well. Honestly,move never had anything bad there.

They have a lot of beer on tap and the service is usually great. This is my go to place when I want to go out to watch a game somewhere. It can fill up quickly though so if you're going for a big game you need to plan accordingly.

Visited June 2014

Boston, Massachusetts
“Love the Wings”
Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

Wings are excellent, service is excellent both Paul and Taylor,are,great servers. Pizza is huge and they have hundreds of beers on tap,and bottle. Pizza deep dish and thin crust are both very good. Plenty of TV with all sports. Great place to enjoy the game.

Visited May 2014
Clarkston, Washington
“What a Surprise!”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

On our way home from Chicago, my wife and I were looking for a place to stop and eat dinner while we were driving through Indianapolis. She did a quick Google search for the best wings in the city and the Ale Emporium was ranked #1 so we figured we had to try it. We love going places that we can't go to in our home town so this place seemed perfect. Then we got to the place and were very skeptical about it exterior appearance. It is located in a strip mall with some outdoor seating available, but overall was definitely not what we were expecting from the best wings in Indianapolis. Once we got inside, all of our skepticism was blown out of the water! From the inside you would never know you were in a restaurant that is located in a strip mall. It is very classy and welcoming, and quite frankly was the exact kind of atmosphere we were looking for. Like I said, we wanted wings, and wings is exactly what we got! They offer four pounds of wings for a fairly reasonable price right around $20. My wife and I were able to share them and have plenty left over to need to take a box home. The flavor of the wings was incredible as well. They have many flavored sauces to choose from and their dipping sauces are all made in house which is always a definite plus. The ranch was incredible as well. Normally I'm not a huge ranch guy, but I had to keep dipping my wings, it was just that good! If you're ever in the area, I encourage you to definitely stop and try their wings. If I were a beer drinker this place would have been even more of a hit, but that's just not my cup of tea. Everyone should go here!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Mark S
Fishers, Indiana
“Canada Wins!”
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Went to the Ale to watch the Olympic hockey game between USA and Canada. Enjoyed the game with exceptional Hermanaki wings, excellent beer and good friends!!

Visited February 2014
Baltimore, Maryland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Ale”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

I love the atmosphere, the beer menu, the pizza is incredible and the service is excellent. I would drive a long way just for the pizza. Give them a try next time your favorite sports team is playing, they have the best TVs in the area.

Visited February 2014