“Over priced and over rated”

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 2,384 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown Indianapolis
Reviewed March 3, 2014

$68 for a steak, $12 for a salad, $12 for a vegetable. Overrated and priced chain. Save your money, go to Sullivan's or Fleming's.

1  Thank Peggy P
There are newer reviews for Ruth's Chris Steak House

Reviewed February 28, 2014 via mobile

This is equally as good as st Elmo's so don't hesitate to eat here.
The atmosphere is intimate, staff very professional and service is prompt and friendly.
We all ate steak, which was prepared beautifully.
Sides of mash and vegies need to be ordered separately
This place is not cheap but in my opinion well worth visiting at least once.

Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

Love this steakhouse chain. I get the river and my wife gets the filet. Served on a sizzling hot plate typed with butter the taste of this steak is second to none. Sides are very large and should be share. There are served ala-cart. Warm bread is part of any meal and is very good. We split the sautéed mushrooms, the wedge salad and a desert and both walked away satisfyingly full.

The service is very good at this location and it is conveniently located in the heart of downtown.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

Service was spectacular. Salmon was lovely. Friend had steak which was perfect. Spinach was good. Love the location and atmosphere inside is wonderful.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

My girlfriend and I went here for our 5 year anniversary. She had the Ahi tuna crab meal and I had the filet. Her meal was a special that they had at the time. She loved it. She is not a big fish fan but wanted to give it a try since it had crab.
My filet was probably the best steak I have ever had! I am VERY particular about my steak and I eat steak alot. This was cooked perfectly and it was very tender. Absolutely incredible. A scoffed at a buddy of mine who told me how great their steaks were. I had to call and apologize!
We shared a bake potatoe and a salad since they were so big. What was nice is that the waitress recommended it and brought out the toppings to the potatoe in separate bowls so we could add them to each of our halves.
The final bit was the employees. They had greeters walking around and casually talking to customers. It was a very nice gesture. During the conversation they found out that it was our anniversary so at the end they gave us complimentary champagne and chocolate covered strawberries and wrote Happy Anniversary in chocolate on the plate. This generousity was greatly appreciated by us and we will be going back the next time we are in town.