“Great job!”

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 2,436 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown Indianapolis
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Service was spectacular. Salmon was lovely. Friend had steak which was perfect. Spinach was good. Love the location and atmosphere inside is wonderful.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

My girlfriend and I went here for our 5 year anniversary. She had the Ahi tuna crab meal and I had the filet. Her meal was a special that they had at the time. She loved it. She is not a big fish fan but wanted to give it a try since it had crab.
My filet was probably the best steak I have ever had! I am VERY particular about my steak and I eat steak alot. This was cooked perfectly and it was very tender. Absolutely incredible. A scoffed at a buddy of mine who told me how great their steaks were. I had to call and apologize!
We shared a bake potatoe and a salad since they were so big. What was nice is that the waitress recommended it and brought out the toppings to the potatoe in separate bowls so we could add them to each of our halves.
The final bit was the employees. They had greeters walking around and casually talking to customers. It was a very nice gesture. During the conversation they found out that it was our anniversary so at the end they gave us complimentary champagne and chocolate covered strawberries and wrote Happy Anniversary in chocolate on the plate. This generousity was greatly appreciated by us and we will be going back the next time we are in town.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

We have a yearly dinner here during a convention, and they never fail to be great, we are always seated right away, they are willing to deal with our special requests and the steaks always come out perfect. We always have the fillets or NY strips. The wine selection is decent and always tasty. No reason to go anywhere else

Reviewed December 22, 2013

We had a group of 8 for 4:45 December 21. We are walking out the door when my wife's aunt stops by unexpectedly. She was widowed two weeks ago. She only spends 10-15 minutes, but we know we will be late for the reservation. We call and say we will be late. When we arrive at about 5:03, Joan at the front desk acts like we have the plague and says we didn't call within their assigned "courtesy time." She makes us wait 10 minutes and then offers us a table for 8 at 9:45pm (we had tickets for an 8:00 show) or two four tops at the edge of the bar right by the door (5 of our 8 aware under 21), thus we get a blast of cold air every time the door opens. While we were slightly late and it was Christmas week, we did call in advance but were made to feel like criminals by Joan. There are many great downtown options - we will never be back.

Downtown_Indy_GM, General Manager at Ruth's Chris Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

Dear Bob B,

I'm sorry for the disappointment in your recent dining experience with us. We try our best to accommodate all reservations. We understand that things can happen which is why we give a 15 minute courtesy hold to all reservations. On busy nights, after 15 minutes if we have not had anyone check-in or call us to say they are still on their way, we will give the assigned table away. While I acknowledge that you did call, unfortunately it was more than 15 minutes after your reservation time so we had already given the assigned table away. That is why when you showed up a few minutes later, we did not have a table available. Because of all of the private parties we do in December, table availability can be very limited as it was on that night. We tried our best to find something to offer you and the size of your party is why we couldn't get an answer to you right away, I apologize for that. It was very busy and we were working very hard to try and come up with something for you and your family. While I understand that it might not be ideal, children are allowed to sit at the tables that we offered you. I'm sorry for the dissatisfaction, again, I apologize but those were the only options available at the time.

The people at the front desk work under the close supervision of the management staff and we were all actively involved in this particular situation which is why we checked on you multiple times during your meal. I can assure you that we care about your business which is why I personally tried to talk to you again when you were at the hostess stand on your way out. We tried everything possible in this situation to make it the best it could be and I'm very sorry that you were still disappointed.

I hope you and your family had a joyous holiday season and we hope to see you in the future.

Kindest regards,

Andrew Vudis
Ruth's Chris Steak House
Indianapolis - Downtown

Reviewed December 18, 2013

The brunch was good though a little pricey for what is served. Probably better food at a mom and pop place. Not a good choice for a vegetarian.