“Very nice meal”
Review of Palomino

Palomino
Reserve with OpenTable
Palomino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #39 of 2,426 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown Indianapolis
Reviewed August 31, 2014

We found Palomino while walking around downtown. We came in at the lunch dinner switch - front of the house staff was a little scattered. After a short wait we were seated in the bar. The service was excellent. The food was very good. Everything was fresh, flavorful and prompt. Considering there was a Colts pre season game and the restaurant was filling up quickly . The house drinks were very good. We are looking forward to going back to Palomino on our next visit to Indianpolis

2  Thank Charmed1994
Jeffery P, General Manager at Palomino, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2014

Hello,

I wanted to thank you for the wonder review you wrote about us. We also look forward to your next visit to Indy so you can stop in and say hi.

Reviewed August 27, 2014

We had the special. We actually ate late afternoon when the restaurant was quite quiet. It was romantic, delicious, with a creative edge in the sauce. Our glasses were filled every time they got to half full, by a very friendly, professional waitress.

1  Thank Donna D

Hello,

I wanted to thank you for the wonderful review. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed August 25, 2014

We spent a weekend in Indianapolis recently and had a late Sunday lunch here (2 p.m.) In looking at the menu to recall what we chose for our meal, I realize now that we were ordering from the dinner menu. Hmmm! Interesting. The ambiance is opulent and the service was unctuous, bordering on servile. We both ordered the grilled seafood pasta which was good.

Jeffery P, General Manager at Palomino, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2014

Hello,

I wanted to thank you for the nice review and also apologize if you were given the wrong menu at lunch. We look forward to you're next visit!

Reviewed August 23, 2014

Were drawn into this corner eatery by the open doors and blast of cool air as a welcome relief from a muggy early evening. The outdoor tables looked inviting, but had to retreat from the heat ( and this, they said, was a cool summer). The greeter was especially cheerful and welcoming and convinced us to atay with her prise for various dishes and the lure of the Devour Downtown restaurant week $35 3- course price fixe meal deal. The restaurant is much larger than it looks and extends far back into the space, with a darker, comfortable leather and cozy booths type steakhouse feel. The two-person booths are interesting , with uniquely shaped marble/granite tops. Service was prompt, the waitress chatty and informative. A glass of house wine was included with the meal and was more than acceptable. Over the top good was the mushroom soup...best I have had with chunks of mushroom in a cream base with a shot of Sherry and hint of hot pepper. The chicken under a brick was only OK though, not really brick flattened , and dry in some spots. The accompanying broccolini was blah. The prime rib was sliced quite thin and served with garlic shrimp..a different combo , but was enjoyed. Dessert was a tiramisu which was quite good...and I am not a tiramisu fan. This restaurant has the setting, ambiance and service, and just a few more creative or well executed menu items could give it an added boost

1  Thank Wdee2013
Jeffery P, Front Office Manager at Palomino, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2014

Hello,

I wanted to thank you for the positive feedback, and also let you know the concerns you had have also been addressed. I hope you get the opportunity to dine with us again soon.

Reviewed August 19, 2014

We went to Palomino's last Friday night. I haven't been there in years and I was worried due to some of the recent reviews. I have to STRONGLY disagree with them - it was excellent!

I started with a cocktail, the Champagne Supernova. They had me at strawberry and prosecco! For dinner I had the Pork Loin and it was amazing.... super tender and great flavor. We ended the night with Creme Brulee which was good.

Our server, Suzanne, couldn't have possibly been any better! She provided great service and made us feel at home with friendly conversation.

We will be back soon.

1  Thank Anita H
Jeffery P, General Manager at Palomino, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2014

Hello,

I wanted to thank you for the great review and let you know how pleased I was to find out what a great experience you had. I will be sure to pass this review to Susan and thank her for taking such good care of you!