“Excellent dinner!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Palomino

Palomino
Reserve with OpenTable
Palomino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #45 of 2,344 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown Indianapolis
Greenwich CT
“Excellent dinner!”
Reviewed March 28, 2014

Outstanding restaurant with excellent quality food. A bargain if you are used to NYC prices. I see from others, this is a pricey place otherwise. I had the trout that was superb. Calamari was also wonderful and the wine list was reasonable.

• Visited March 2014
Jeffery P, General Manager at Palomino, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Hello,

I was so pleased to read about your last visit to Palomino. The Trout has been a huge hit with our guest. I hope next time you visit from NYC you can stop in and dine with us again.

Cheers,
Jeffery J Perkins

Madison, Wisconsin, USA
“Disappointing”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

We came all the way to the Big 10 tournament to have Chicken under a Brick again! (best meal I've ever had). And they were out of it when we arrived. Granted, it was during the last game of the tournament on the Friday night, and nothing else near there was open nor appealing. So we went to Palomino, expecting this would be our "fancy" night where we spent more than normal. I was so bummed when they were out of the Chicken Under a Brick, that I really didn't enjoy the experience.

• Visited March 2014
Jeffery P, Front Office Manager at Palomino, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and provide feedback. I am truly sorry to hear about your experience. It’s not what you should expect or deserve. Please e-mail me at jeperkins@r-u-i.com so I can make it right.

Jeffery J Perkins
Lodi, Wisconsin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Appetizer and salad”
Reviewed March 18, 2014

Couldn't afford in an entre on my work budget ($24 per dinner, including tax and tip), but the salad and appetizer I had were delicious. Greens and goat cheese (chevre on the menu) and curried chickpea fritters. I had a lovely creme brulee too.

Visited March 2014
Dallas, TX
“Great food, great service”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Because this restaurant is close to the convention center I eat here more than anywhere else in Indianapolis. First I ate here for convenience, but I realized that every time I eat here the food is really good, and the service is also really good. That kind of consistency is hard to do, but they manage to do it.

Visited February 2014
Chicago suburbs
“Relaxed, bistro atmosphere”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Palomino is a classy, somewhat noisy, downtown bistro with a diverse menu of pasta, seafood, steak and specialty pizzas. The atmosphere is contemporary and our server was knowledgeable and took good care of our large party. The only blip in service occurred when everyone in our group received their meals except one. He had to wait for several minutes while the rest of us had our food, and there was no explanation. Another person at our table ordered the same meal and hers came out with the rest of ours. That said, the food was very good and we all agreed that it was the best dinner we had while in Indy.

Visited March 2014