“Wonderful Atmosphere, Good food, Great prices!”

The Old Spaghetti Factory
Ranked #34 of 2,358 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Indianapolis
New Castle, IN
“Wonderful Atmosphere, Good food, Great prices!”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

I've eaten here a few times but my most recent visit was 12/29/12. Very well decorated with antiques and interesting things to look at! This location has a small train car inside you can eat in. We had a party of 6 and our bill with tip was 77.00. This didn't include appetizers as salad or soup and bread come with each entree along with ice cream. Cut down on your bill by getting milk, coffee, tea or iced tea which is included. The food was good and fresh! They have call ahead seating. My kids enjoyed it and there is something for everyone on the menu!

• Visited December 2012

Avon, Indiana, United States
“Great food!!”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Good Italian restaurant. The menu has a large variety of food selections. The food is prepared well, and the portions are generous.

Visited August 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“Long Standing Icon!”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

The spaghetti is always a great place to visit. Good food at a great price. The ambiance of the antique laden interior is always interesting. For a fun experience with your kids - sit in the train car!

Visited April 2012
Mattoon, Illinois, United States
“Don't go with larger groups.”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

As part of my work I often plan trips for groups. One of my favorite places to work with has been Old Spaghetti Factory, they often offer a fun atmosphere, good food, and normally good service. Unfortunately I would say if you are travelling with a large group avoid going to The Old Spaghetti Factory in Indianapolis. On my last group trip to Indy I decided to take the group to OSF, I had never taken a group to this particular OSF but had eaten there with just a few friends and, I expected it to be like the others I had been to. I called a week 1/2 to 2 weeks prior to our trip date to arrange for reservations for our group. I asked to speak with the group reservaitionist and I was told it was not necessary to arrange for a banquet for the group but that instead I should just call 1-2 hours prior to arrival and let them know we were coming, unusual but that is what the person said so that is what I planned on. When I called two hours prior to our arrival time I was told that I could not call until one hour prior, I returned that call and was told that we would be put on the call ahead list and to come up to the stand to check in when we arrived. This is what I did. What I found was a very disorderly situation, they hostess stand was a mess and four people were having major issues trying to figure out who was on what list, not being able to find reservations, etc... They had names written on no less than five papers and some of those were preprinted forms that just had randomn information written on them. They were attempting to place all of this info on another paper to keep it all together I assume but not very successfully. When I checked in I was informed that our wait would be 1 1/2 to 2 hours. This is not acceptable when travelling with 26 people. The problem with downtown indy at this time is unless you have made reservations somewhere you are just destined to wait especially with a group our size. So we were stuck either waiting or going to something more fast food. One of the managers that was at the hostess stand told me that I was given wrong information, he even told me he was unsure why they didn't take my information when I called originally but that I was mislead and he apologized for it...which does me no good. Now I know I threw enough of a fit to gain attention so I have no doubt that the manager and general manager (Paul Burgess I am told) should have been aware of my unhappiness. Neither however made any effort to help the situation, talk to me about it, or even offer drinks while we waited or anything like that.

Apart from that fiasco once we were seated the food was good and served timely, the waitresses that helped us were awesome and did a great job with our group.

I would not recommend that you take a group here though, OSF seems to be much more responsive in other cities...if you are going to downtown indy with a group try one of the other places...Bucca Di Beppo is a winner, they are easy to work with, very responsive to the needs of groups, and willing to work with you...I will most likely return there for future trips.

• Visited December 2012
Indiana
“Wonderful restaurant!”
Reviewed December 6, 2012

This is in an old neat building, with excellent italian food. Drinks are o.k. and never have had any desserts besides the ice cream.

Visited October 2012