“Horrible!”

Add it.
Dunaway's Palazzo Ossigeno
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, International, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Virginia
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Horrible!”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

If i could give this restaurant a zero, I would. One of the worst dining experiences I have had at any restaurant.

My family went to Dunaways on a Saturday night for my husband's birthday. We had a reservation for 7:45 pm for a party of 6. We arrived at about 7:40pm and the hostess/general manager Connie told us our table wasn't ready, we were too early. Ok, no problem, we will go to the bar and grab a drink. 5 of the 6 in my party ordered a drink, but the bartender in the bar rudely informed us that he didn't have a register so he didn't have a way to take payment for our drinks. Its a bar, there were several other patrons waiting on tables, how do you not have a way for your guests to pay for their drinks? OK, so what do you want us to do? He didn't have a solution, so we told him to transfer the drinks to our table. About 20 minutes later, Connie returned to let us know our table was ready and we were to follow her upstairs. So we went to our table upstairs, and it was not ready. 4 chairs and 2 apart tables will not accomadate 6 people, so we pulled the tables together ourselves and requested 2 more chairs. Yes, Connie left us at the table that would not accomadate us. We waited at our table for more than 10 minutes before being greeted by our waiter Carlos. We all ordered a round of cocktails and began to look at the Devour menu. We were not given a regular menu, only the Devour menu was available to us, yet Carlos did tell us about a Mahi Mahi special?!? Fifteen minutes later our first round of drinks arrived. Then another ten minutes went by and a bus boy served us some bread. Then about 5-7 minutes later Carlos returned to take our order. We ordered our entrees. About 20 minutes later, our entrees arrived at our table. We hadn't even been served the first course yet and our entrees had arrived. So another waiter removed them and found Carlos. About another 10 minutes our first course, a crab gnocci dish arrived, but the waiter only brought 5 for our party of 6. We did not see Carlos for another 10 mintues to let him know of the error. Finally we tracked him down to let him know of the error. At this point in time, Connie the hostess/general manager arrived at our table and we relayed some concern about our dining experience. She told us that some employees had called out sick and that she didn't have an answer for why things were going so horribly. She also told us that the owner was aware of the situation and he was in the kitchen helping out. Then our salads arrived. As our salads arrived, the table next to ours received their entrees, and the several members in their party ordered the lobster and their lobster was raw and they had to send them back. About 30 minutes after our salad, our entrees arrived, and the only dish that was correct was the scallop dish. 3/6 people in my party ordered lobster, and all 3 were raw. 2/6 ordered the filet and both dishes were not cooked to the temperature requested. We sent the food back and asked for our bill for our drinks. It is now almost 3 hours after we arrived and we did not even eat our entrees. Our bill arrived and it was incorrect, even for the cocktails. We tracked down our server and he fixed the bill but only after telling us that the issue wasn't the restaurant, but out inability to communicate properly with what we needed. On our way out, we spoke with Connie again, and she was very unapologetic about our experience and told us that sometimes things just happen. Well, I can tell you one thing that will happen, I will never return to this restaurant. I will never recommend this restaurant. I will write a review of our experience on every website that I can so no one will experience this again. Please choose another restuarant in downtown Indy for your dining pleasure. There are so many other choices that are so much better than Dunaways! I don't know how this place stays in business.

• Visited January 2013
4 Thank dreday720

Indianapolis
“scallops as tender as mother's love”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

seafood gnocci appetizers, were fabulous, nice but typical house salad, but the sea scallops in a spinach, onion cream with asparagus was fabulous! So tender and the flavor....mmmm so nice.
Creme Brule had pistachio, hazelnut chocolate layer on the bottom, this had to be one of the top meals I have had in Indy.

• Visited January 2013
Greenwood, Indiana
“Will be back.”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We had reservations on New Year's Eve and this place was wonderful. The atmosphere was inviting and the minute we walked in the door, we were greeted and our coats were checked. I had the Reisling and it was fantastic. The shrimp cocktail was amazing and the cocktail sauce was right up there with St. Elmo. My husband had the Kansas City Strip and I had the scallops. The steak was cooked to perfection and the scallops were awesome. We also had the black truffel mac-n-cheese. Yummy! Our server was attentive and anticipated our every need. I would recommend this place to anyone and we are going to return in the summer and visit the rooftop.

• Visited December 2012
“The View is one of the best....”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

The roof top view is one of the very best in Indy for sure. If you are a visitor and want to see the skyline, or live in Indy and just want a perfect summer evening atop a restaurant to enjoy the weather and view this is the place. The food is okay, but bad but not good, but the view makes up for what the food lacks in the summer.

Visited August 2012
Sanborn, New York, United States
“Excellent experience. Highly recommend!”
Reviewed December 4, 2012

I was in for a football and IU basketball game and we found this place a few blocks from the football stadium. The restaurant was gorgeous, with a fire going in the main room. The waiter was friendly, informative and FAST. I ordered the scallops and my friends ordered steaks. Their steaks were cooked to perfection and my scallops were absolutely perfect. Possibly the best scallops I've ever had. In a light sauce with asparagus on top. You have to try them. We stayed for awhile after dinner and didn't feel rushed. The new Chef, Chris, came out and talked with us about our meals and checked in. Really cool.

I can't wait for my next trip to Indy!!!

• Visited November 2012