“Excellent experience. Highly recommend!”
Review of Dunaway's Palazzo Ossigeno - CLOSED

Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Virginia
Reviewed December 4, 2012

I was in for a football and IU basketball game and we found this place a few blocks from the football stadium. The restaurant was gorgeous, with a fire going in the main room. The waiter was friendly, informative and FAST. I ordered the scallops and my friends ordered steaks. Their steaks were cooked to perfection and my scallops were absolutely perfect. Possibly the best scallops I've ever had. In a light sauce with asparagus on top. You have to try them. We stayed for awhile after dinner and didn't feel rushed. The new Chef, Chris, came out and talked with us about our meals and checked in. Really cool.

I can't wait for my next trip to Indy!!!

Reviewed September 27, 2012

I was pleasantly surprised based on all of the negative reviews. The meals were great and comparable to similar local restaurants. The staff was friendly and attentive. The decor had a lot of character and the noise level was great for conducting business. The location was less than ideal, however our hotel had a complimentary shuttle that got us there without any trouble. I would likely dine here again.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

Ambiance w/ twinkling lights, good wine list and great food. Have been there at lunch time as well; nice quiet spot to take a corporate guest.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

This place cracks us up. "Palazzo Ossigeno" roughly translates to "Oxygen Palace" from the Italian. It's in the old Indiana Oxygen company building.
We celebrated a previous wedding anniversary at Dunaway's, and made a point to return.
My wife is a steak aficionado, and feels that this place serves the second best steak in her almost 60 years of experience (the first is at a restaurant in St. Andrews, Scotland nestled right next to the 17th fairway of the Old Course.)
When we made the reservation, the reservationist didn't remember to take our name. I had to make sure that she had our reservation complete.
That aside, upon arriving (a little early, and note that the main thoroughfares to Dunaway's are under construction at the time of the writing of this review) we were greeted with "You are celebrating an anniversary!"
Not bad.
The maitre d began to take us to the elevator- Dunaway's has "roof top dining" as an available option. We asked to be seated in the main room. We were placed right next to the fireplace (interestingly, the same table we had at our last anniversary- yes, it had to be a fluke but was nice anyway).
My wife ordered the steak; I the scallops.
There is an EXTENSIVE wine list available.
The wait staff asked my wife how she preferred her steak to be prepared, and she responded "blue." This is rather rare. No, it's a description of REALLY rare. The wait staff person asked: "Would you like it Philadelphia style?" My wife asked what that meant, and was informed that the chef would use a Bernz-o-matic to sear the outside of the steak, place it on the grill for seconds only, and then it would be available to be served.
My wife found this preparation to be outstanding.
Once again, we were unable to complete the meal (more than adequate portions) and did take advantage of "doggy bags."
Just an FYI- the restrooms (spotless, by the way) are on the second floor. There is a stairway; take the elevator.
I do note that there are other TripAdvisor reviewers who felt that this was not a good choice. We felt it to be great a second time.
Oh, different from Devonna37209- we didn't get an anniversary cake.
We did not feel slighted in the least.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

We went there for our anniversary and they treated us like royality. The service was excellent, they checked on you constantly, the steaks were perfect, probably the best I have ever had out. They brought out a cake with Happy Anniverary written in chocolate on the plate with a big piece of cake for us to share. If you want a romantic night out this is the place to go, in the summer you can also sit on the rooftop and overlook the city. I would and have recommened this to anyone looking for great food and service.