“Best Steak Downtown Indianapolis !!!!!”

Morton's - The Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Morton's - The Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #136 of 2,358 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown Indianapolis
Cross street: Pennsylvania
New Jersey
“Best Steak Downtown Indianapolis !!!!!”
Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

Ok , there is an Institution nearby who claims Best Steak in Indianapolis but my Opinion is Morton's has Better!!!!!! Ordered the Filet Mignon and for the Preparation, Quality of Beef and Flavor you cannot go wrong. I had a mixed Drink at the Bar and it was Perfect!!!!!! Service was very good. I liked the Atmosphere as you had to go Downstairs to get to the Restaurant Area. Very unique Restaurant layout but it felt comfortable and that's all that matters. Service was great and the Staff was Friendly and Attentive. A little pricey but in my opinion you get what you pay for. Sides were Good too. I give all categories 5 STARS as I had a Superior Dining Experience.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank NewJerseyMiles2Go

indianapolis
“Morton's not our place for Steaks”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We decided to splurge and spend our wedding anniversary at Mortons's. It was not only a mistake it was very dissapointing. The place is extremely dark and had a musty smell to it. We were greeted promptly and seated immediately ( made advance reservations). The server was pleasant, but speed through the specials and menu in record time. This left us wondering what the heck she just said. My wife ordered the Filet grill, consisting of a 6oz filet, 3 shrimp and 2 bacon wrapped scallops. I ordered the shrimp scampi with cappelini pasta. A chopped salad was also ordered. The salad was very good and we waited in anticipation for our main courses to arrive. After bit the food was delivered to our table, The steak looked gray and was rare, ( we ordered medium rare. The shrimp and scallops were cold and the bacon was hardly cooked at all. Th shrimp on the scampi order were also cold. The capellini noodles were very hot and well seasoned ( the best dish of the night). We did complain to the server and she sent over the Maitre'D. He was very aplogetic and offered free desserts. That was a nice jesture and we took him up on his offer. The dessert coure was not much better. My wife ordered the creme bruleee, she did not care for it at all. I ordered the carrot cakeand it was bland and fairly tasteless. All in all an overpriced poor experience. we have no intentions of returning to this establishement, If you are looking for a better foor experience and a delicious steak at 1/2 the price, we suggest Mesh on Mass. Ave - The food and atmosphere are terrific.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank bmwmind
Chicago, Illinois
“Excellent Service & Dining Experience”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

My wife and I celebrated our wedding anniversary here and what a great dining experience! Like other steakhouses, they presented us with a personalized menu but add a photo and free dessert with the dinner. Nice touch! Our server Kia was well spoken, well trained and was true gentlemen. The drink menu was nice and vast and most of the dessert are made in house. My wife's filet mignon (well-done) was tasty and still moist but my cajun ribeye (med well) was a little on the tough and fatty side. It could have been a "bad steak" because that was a first. Overall, it was a great dining experience and look forward to coming back on our next visit to Indy!

• Visited June 2013
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Try the bar”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

When we couldn't get into the restaurant we .chose the bar and it was excellent. Good service- very reasonable prices on the bar menu. Actually quieter than the main dining roo.

• Visited October 2012
Indianapolis
“Excellent food & service”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

My wife and I celebrated a birthday with dinner on a Sunday evening in early May. The restuarant was not busy, perhaps because there were no conventions or sports activities in the area on this day. The service was very prompt and friendly. The food was well prepared and the portions were appropriate. We shared 2 side dishes and dessert. We also shared the bacon-wrapped Broiled Sea Scallops which could serve as an entree for one person. Prices were very high, perhaps too high, but we enjoyed a discount for celebrating a special occasion. We also were presented with a photograph taken as we sat at our table; nice touch. If celebrating a special occassion, be sure to mention that when you make the reservation so personalized menus can be made along with a photograph of the party.

• Visited May 2013