“Morton's not our place for Steaks”

Morton's - The Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Morton's - The Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #78 of 2,426 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown Indianapolis
Cross street: Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We decided to splurge and spend our wedding anniversary at Mortons's. It was not only a mistake it was very dissapointing. The place is extremely dark and had a musty smell to it. We were greeted promptly and seated immediately ( made advance reservations). The server was pleasant, but speed through the specials and menu in record time. This left us wondering what the heck she just said. My wife ordered the Filet grill, consisting of a 6oz filet, 3 shrimp and 2 bacon wrapped scallops. I ordered the shrimp scampi with cappelini pasta. A chopped salad was also ordered. The salad was very good and we waited in anticipation for our main courses to arrive. After bit the food was delivered to our table, The steak looked gray and was rare, ( we ordered medium rare. The shrimp and scallops were cold and the bacon was hardly cooked at all. Th shrimp on the scampi order were also cold. The capellini noodles were very hot and well seasoned ( the best dish of the night). We did complain to the server and she sent over the Maitre'D. He was very aplogetic and offered free desserts. That was a nice jesture and we took him up on his offer. The dessert coure was not much better. My wife ordered the creme bruleee, she did not care for it at all. I ordered the carrot cakeand it was bland and fairly tasteless. All in all an overpriced poor experience. we have no intentions of returning to this establishement, If you are looking for a better foor experience and a delicious steak at 1/2 the price, we suggest Mesh on Mass. Ave - The food and atmosphere are terrific.

1  Thank bmwmind

Reviewed June 2, 2013

My wife and I celebrated our wedding anniversary here and what a great dining experience! Like other steakhouses, they presented us with a personalized menu but add a photo and free dessert with the dinner. Nice touch! Our server Kia was well spoken, well trained and was true gentlemen. The drink menu was nice and vast and most of the dessert are made in house. My wife's filet mignon (well-done) was tasty and still moist but my cajun ribeye (med well) was a little on the tough and fatty side. It could have been a "bad steak" because that was a first. Overall, it was a great dining experience and look forward to coming back on our next visit to Indy!

Reviewed May 16, 2013

When we couldn't get into the restaurant we .chose the bar and it was excellent. Good service- very reasonable prices on the bar menu. Actually quieter than the main dining roo.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

My wife and I celebrated a birthday with dinner on a Sunday evening in early May. The restuarant was not busy, perhaps because there were no conventions or sports activities in the area on this day. The service was very prompt and friendly. The food was well prepared and the portions were appropriate. We shared 2 side dishes and dessert. We also shared the bacon-wrapped Broiled Sea Scallops which could serve as an entree for one person. Prices were very high, perhaps too high, but we enjoyed a discount for celebrating a special occasion. We also were presented with a photograph taken as we sat at our table; nice touch. If celebrating a special occassion, be sure to mention that when you make the reservation so personalized menus can be made along with a photograph of the party.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

Regardless of the Morton's that I visit I always find them exceptional. The Morton's in Indianapolis is no exception. I have stopped every year now for the past 6 or 7 years when I am town and the service and quality of food never changes. I would recommend any one to take in dinner at Morton's while visiting Indianapolis.

1  Thank Jaspa59