“Hidden Gem!”

Transit: INDY GO Stops in front
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Hidden Gem!”
Reviewed July 2, 2014

So, my wife and I love Mexican and just recently moved to Indianapolis. This was our first date night out with kids at home with a sitter. As we were driving there, my wife was a little uneasy about the location and honestly in the back of my head I was half wondering if our car would be ok for a hours outside this place...so while the outside is very unassuming and the neighborhood not so great, the inside is FANTASITC!!! Classic Mexican décor with bright colors, a water fountain center piece for the restaurant and the chairs, how cool!

Let me first mention the people - they were SO Friendly, it was great. The Hostess that greeted us was the most energetic and friendly host I've ever met. Our server, Giovanni, was awesome too. Super friendly, accommodating, gave us a run down of their most popular dishes, and made the dinner experience excellent.

On to the food, we had the fresh made guacamole and loved it, and we eat a lot of guac! We ended up sharing the fajitas combination and it was perfect. Steak, chicken and shrimp with all the fixings and the most moist and delicious corn tortillas ever. We also had a few margaritas that were very good.

Overall, what a great date night spot, or even for a family. We will return soon for sure!!

• Visited June 2014

Florida
“Love this place”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Not in the best neighborhood but well worth the trip. This is a family owned, real mexican (not tex-mex) restaurant. The service is incredible and the food is so, so good! We've gone here for special occasions often over the years and it is one of our favorite places

Visited June 2014
1 Thank shinestardrc
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
“Very affordable!”
Reviewed May 23, 2014

Good Mexican food at very good prices. I loved the fresh-made guacamole. We saw the waiter make it and it was perfect blend of heat and taste. Definitely getting that again. The chips and salsa are good. Portions are on the large size so come hungry or plan to take some home.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Alfred M
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Always Great”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

If you want to get past the typical tacos and burritos, El Sol's is the place to go. An Indy landmark since about 1974, do not let the somewhat plain exterior fool you, inside it is a fiesta. Try the Bistek Ranchero. I have been going here for over 20 years and have a hard time getting anything else.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Franklin R
Zionsville, Indiana, United States
“Try the Spare RIb”
Reviewed April 10, 2014

I have been to this restaurant three times in the past two months, so that should show you how much I like the food. Be patient with the wait staff (what is my luck to have three rookies in three visits) because the food is worth it. I have also enjoyed the spicy shrimp and, because I must, the steak fajitas. The ingredients are fresh and I actually like their version of refried beans in an edible bowl.

• Visited April 2014