“excellent food” 5 of 5 bubbles

Transit: INDY GO Stops in front
Indianapolis, Indiana
“excellent food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

Me and my family went here the other day and it was great!!!! The outside is not the best but don't worry the inside is amazing. The live music was good, and the food was incredible. I got the shrimp it was so good and spicey. The food there was the best Mexican food I have ever had!!!!

• Visited August 2013

Plainfield, Indiana
“Auhentic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

Absolutely most beautiful (inside-don't let the outside fool ya) Mexican Restaurant in Indy. Authentic food, fun place.

Visited April 2013
Ays08
“Excellent mexican food- you won't be sorry you tried it!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I went here for Mother's Day 2013. We were a little bit leery at first- it is located on east Washington St, in a not-so-great neighborhood- but we had a restaurant.com gift certificate so, we went.

SO glad we did!

First of all, don't let the exterior fool you. It is in a nondescript, almost dilapidated building and you have to park across the street in a sketchy parking lot. We weren't too sure about this but as soon as we got inside, it was awesome! They have it decorated like a traditional Mexican plaza with a big fountain/sculpture in the middle. The gurgling water was a nice background to our meal as we were seated right next to it.

The waitress was very attentive and appeared immediately with some chips and salsa and to take our drink order. The salsa was nothing special but the rest of the food was delicious! I ordered the flank steak and wife had a steak burrito. We did have one small hiccup in our meal when wife's steak burrito arrived as a carnitas burrito- had to send it back. But they were very quick about it and soon she was eating the correct entre. Portion sizes were very generous and I had extra to take home. Wish I could have taken the rest of my margarita with me too- ordered the tropical, size large, and it was HUGE and also very strong. Next time I'll stick with a small- but it sure was tasty.

The only thing I did not like was the enchilada that came with my carne asada- but that was because it was covered in mole sauce, which I do not generally like. If I had known beforehand I would have asked for something different- no biggie!

Price wise, it was a bit more on the expensive side: wife's burrito was $15 and my steak was $17. Large margarita was $12. Just something to be aware of.

Overall, this place was great. Probably my favorite Mexican I've found in Indy so far (and I'm a native San Diegan, so I KNOW good mexican food!). Go, and you won't be disappointed!

• Visited May 2013
Fishers, Indiana
“Great Food & Fun Atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

So my first time at El Sol happened to be on Cinco de Mayo! Fun atmosphere with music and a special menu.
I had a burrito that was huge! And delicious. The experience was great fun.

Visited May 2013
Tennessee
“What a WONDERFUL dinner!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

We went to El Sol tonight for dinner and we thoroughly enjoyed it. The atmosphere is wonderful from the decor to the sax player. We ordered the guacamole and chips as an appetizer and I don't like avocadoes, but this guacamole was AWESOME. Our son had fajitas and said they were exceptional. My chimichanga was fantastic. Our water, Max, was very attentive and great fun to chat with. I strongly recommend this restaurant to anyone who loves good Mexcian food. There was nothing "Tex Mex" about it. It was the real deal.

• Visited April 2013