“What a WONDERFUL dinner!”
Review of Javier's Hacienda - CLOSED

Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Tacoma
Transit: INDY GO Stops in front
Reviewed April 26, 2013

We went to El Sol tonight for dinner and we thoroughly enjoyed it. The atmosphere is wonderful from the decor to the sax player. We ordered the guacamole and chips as an appetizer and I don't like avocadoes, but this guacamole was AWESOME. Our son had fajitas and said they were exceptional. My chimichanga was fantastic. Our water, Max, was very attentive and great fun to chat with. I strongly recommend this restaurant to anyone who loves good Mexcian food. There was nothing "Tex Mex" about it. It was the real deal.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

I went here for the first time on 3/21/13. The neighborhood sucks, the building isn't so great, yet the inside of the building is beautiful. I had a great vegetarian dish as well as the margarita cake for desert - which was ok (not as delicious as I had hoped as it was too salty). The food was wonderful and beautiful. The only real complaints I have is that it took them a while to seat me with only a few people there. My salsa was never refilled the entire time I was there and the waitress came maybe twice - to take my order and give me the check. Because the food was awesome I will be back, but I hope the service gets better.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

I am from Indy and have eaten here many times. It used to be small and dark and dreary, butt he food was always excellent, and I didn't realize how authentic until I became an adult and visited Mexico many times. Just went back here on St. Paddy's day, and as usual the restaurant was pretty busy, it was a Saturday, and I just love how big and bright and welcoming it is now. I was with a high school friend and she could not believe this was the same "El Sol" we used to go to. The guacamole is a must order. They make it fresh to order, so it is always good. The only complaint I have this visit is that my beans were ice cold, but everything else ordered by me and others in my party were excellent. Great food, great drinks, great friends....always a good time there!

Reviewed March 11, 2013

You would never know from the looks of the outside or the neighborhood that this place existed, but what a very pleasant surprise! The atmosphere is cheery, brightly colored, and reminded me of being in Cozumel! The margarita and the food was excellent. Would recommend the freshly made guacamole! Reservations suggested. The only thing I can see that would be an improvement is if they were open later on Saturday night. We were having such a great time that they were closing up around us!

Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

The place is fantastic looking. Decor is appealing, if over the top. The food is froo froo fancy, yuk. I could barley recognize what ingredients were on my plate. The waitress was friendly enough until she found I was using a Restaurant. com coupon. Then she accused me of lying about my kids ages. Then she gave herself a 20% tip! Which should have only been 18% according to the small print and she did NOT even deserve that.
We will not be back. Too bad too the area of town it is in could have used a good business.