“Would never have guessed...”
Review of Javier's Hacienda - CLOSED

Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Tacoma
Transit: INDY GO Stops in front
Reviewed March 11, 2013

You would never know from the looks of the outside or the neighborhood that this place existed, but what a very pleasant surprise! The atmosphere is cheery, brightly colored, and reminded me of being in Cozumel! The margarita and the food was excellent. Would recommend the freshly made guacamole! Reservations suggested. The only thing I can see that would be an improvement is if they were open later on Saturday night. We were having such a great time that they were closing up around us!

Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

The place is fantastic looking. Decor is appealing, if over the top. The food is froo froo fancy, yuk. I could barley recognize what ingredients were on my plate. The waitress was friendly enough until she found I was using a Restaurant. com coupon. Then she accused me of lying about my kids ages. Then she gave herself a 20% tip! Which should have only been 18% according to the small print and she did NOT even deserve that.
We will not be back. Too bad too the area of town it is in could have used a good business.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

Good food and good service at a fairly good price. Nice atmosphere in a not so nice area, but well worth a drive to the near east side.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

Went to a birthday dinner at El Sol. They had a buffet in the area that was well stocked and tasty. The service was excellent and the people were friendly. And the margaritas were really good. Have a lit parking lot. We will go back.

Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

The maragaritas are very hood and very large. The spicy guacamole is not spicy. I was not very hungry so I ordered oysterson half shell. I knew i had made a mustake when the waitress put them down and could smell they were not fresh. My fault for ordering them but the bragged about their seafood. Everyone else really liked their food. I had a side of nlack beans which were very good. I will go back but order the mexican fare.