“Excellent food, drinks, service, and atmosphere...”

Mama Carolla's Old Italian Restaurant
Ranked #31 of 2,358 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
indianapolis
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent food, drinks, service, and atmosphere...”
Reviewed April 10, 2009

Probably my second favorite Italian in Indy after Enrico's. The gorgonzolla pasta is great as is the clam sauce. The wife loves the key lime martinis and service has always been solid. Only downside is no reservations and the wait for a table can sometimes be quite long.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“I just went here for the...”
Reviewed February 25, 2009

I just went here for the first time, and I will return. The location is great, and the food even better. The only drawback is no reservations, but that doesn't dampen my enthusiasm for a return trip.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
indianapolis
“An Italian mom-and-pop gem - Wonderful restaurant”
Reviewed October 30, 2008

I have really enjoyed this special little restaurant since we found it several years ago. We really enjoy small, non-chain restaurants with family recipes and this is that kind of place. The restaurant is in the Broad Ripple area in a converted house, so space is tight. They do not accept reservations, so you never know what the wait will be. We usually call before leaving. I always enjoy the rosemary chicken lasagna. It doesn't matter how many times we go, I always get the same thing. A really wonderful place to go for a special night out.

3 Thank klang35
Danville, Illinois
“One of my favorites!”
Reviewed October 28, 2008

Whenever I'm in Indianapolis for more than a day, I try to make at least one trip to Mama Carolla's. It is a house turned into a small restaurant with a simple menu that has always delivered great meals. I've yet to have a bad service there and the food is always good. If you don't succumb to one of the chef's specials for the evening (and I've never been disappointed ordering one) then you must try the rosemary chicken lasagna. It is my favorite and so savory. Their Italian wedding soup is good also, flavorful but not overpowering. The bruschetta appetizer and garlic cheese bread are yummy.

My only negatives are that when sitting upstairs there is less noise, but it can be chilly. The downstairs is warmer but noisier. Also, they don't take reservations on the weekends, so if you don't want to wait for a table, plan to arrive by 5:45. The patio and bar areas are nice places to wait, but noisy.

Madison, Indiana
“Great place for an intimate dinner in a warm and inviting atmosphere. The wait staff is always friendly and helpful and...”
Reviewed September 14, 2008

Great place for an intimate dinner in a warm and inviting atmosphere. The wait staff is always friendly and helpful and menu is super!

1 Thank BillThree