“Execellent Itallian dinner!”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Shared a bottle of wine before and with dinner while seated in the garden area. It was a pleasant setting. Although the Cheese Manicotti was tops my Veal Marsala, while tasty, was a bit chewy. I would not order it again. Would enjoy returning during our next visit to Indy.

There are newer reviews for Mama Carolla's Old Italian Restaurant

Reviewed June 21, 2014

I am so full! Dinner was awesome! Started with a glass of house wine with an appetizer of stuff mushrooms with crab with fresh bread. Next course soup - Italian wedding soup. Main course - tilapia crusted with walnut and herb topped blackberry basil sauce, side of angel hair with asparagus. I wished I had room for dessert. Great dinner!

Reviewed June 17, 2014

Eaten here a couple of times after hearing raves about if for years. The flavors are WONDERFUL!!! I have to get the steamed mussels appetizer or I feel I'm missing out. It's so garlicky and delicious...I could drink the sauce with a straw. You have to dip your bread in the juices they cook the mussels in. OMG. Love the quaint ambiance and "old house" feel. Can't wait to sit out back on the patio!!!

Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

I would not call it traditional Italian, but it is much better than Olive Garden. It's a romantic setting inside. They have a large menu and the food isn't obscenely cheese-y, nor is the pasta soft/gooey.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

This is the best Italian food I've had! We heard that Mama Carolla's was good, but had never gone because we also heard about the the wait. We decided to try it on a Friday night, but only had a short 30 minute wait and it was comfortable. The bar is small, but cozy and there is an area outside that had heaters. The staff said it's busiest between 6pm - 8pm on Friday and Saturday, and yes it started to clear around 8pm. Everyone seated around us was a "regular". We know because when people heard it was our first time, they made it a point to tell us. Several people at least 10) told us their favorite dishes, how often they come, and how long they've been coming. there is great passion for Mama Carolla's!

2  Thank CRMays