“Great Italian home cooking”

Mama Carolla's Old Italian Restaurant
Ranked #32 of 2,384 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I have been to Mama Carolla's several times and it always has good food and a family atmosphere. My friends also like it. They also have a breakfast restaurant next door that is excellent for breakfast.

There are newer reviews for Mama Carolla's Old Italian Restaurant

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Italian home cooking and highly recommended. One disadvantage - they do not take reservations and there is usually a wait. Excellent food and reasonable prices

Reviewed June 21, 2013

Sorry to say this, but last weekend I decided to try this "Italian restaurant"....
Have they ever been to Italy this guys???
The location was charming, and the inside in particular...such a nice atmosphere!!!
But the food....oh my....absolutely not comparable the real italian food, sorry but I was really disappointed!!!

Reviewed June 18, 2013

My wife and I frequent this restaurant as it is close to our house. I like the fact that it is a local restaurant and doesn't have that chain restaurant feel to it. The fried raviolis are awesome and a great appetizer. I have tried many different menu items and never been disappointed. Service has always been good when we have dined here. I recommend trying this out if you are looking for something different and unique to Indianapolis.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

This restaurant, located in an old house in the middle of Indianapolis has great ambiance and even better food. I would avoid it during prom season on weekends, though, as it is a popular spot!

1  Thank AliceIndy