“Overall great value” 5 of 5 bubbles

Mama Carolla's Old Italian Restaurant
Ranked #26 of 2,340 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Special occasions, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Overall great value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

We went there for the first time last weekend. We will definitely go back even though it's on the other side of town from where we live. It's a great, cozy atmosphere, the help is friendly and efficient, prices are reasonable, and they have the best lasagna I've ever had at a restaurant.

• Visited October 2012

New Palestine
“wonderful outside dinning”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

My family LOVES italian food, and a friend of my husband recommended this restaurant. We went on a weekend night with our 15yo daughter, it was a lovely evening and we sat in the outside seating area in the back, there was no wait for seating. The atmosphere was absolutely beautiful, with twinkling lights, and lovely garden decor! Our service was excellent, our waitress was very friendly and helpful, as two of us are pretty picky eaters! Of the three dishes we got, the manicotti was our favorite, and my daughter and I "helped" my husband finish it. They have several vegetarian selections and were very willing to adapt other entrees to vegetarian if desired. This is a good restaurant for family or romantic dinning, and again we enjoyed the outside seating area. I have no idea what the inside seating is like, but I look forward to visiting again this winter to try it out!

Pickerington, Ohio
“Italian Treat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

My husband, son, and I went to Mama Carolla's on a Saturday evening. There was a quaint decor in the dining room. We all had salads - nothing special about them. The bread that was served with the salad was wonderful! Warm, slightly crusty, soft inside - served with a bottle of olive oil. Hubby had the lasagna. He said it was delicious! I had the chicken lasagna. They went a little heavy on the cheese, but otherwise it was an interesting, flavorful twist on lasagna! Our son had a dinner special - elbow macaroni with sausage and pepperoni. Unfortunately, it was served cold and he sent it back to the kitchen. When the server brought it back, there was extra cheese on top - and it was steaming hot. He then was able to enjoy his dish. I would definitely return to Mama Carolla's and I recommend it to others!!

Phoenix, Arizona
“Do take notice of the "old" in their name”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

Charm and history are sometimes linked to "old". So is musty, worn out carpet, tables, and glassware. Chopped Sysco style clams; you recall the mini banquet wine glasses - yup. Service was flat - food was fair if I had ordered take out and nt have had to dealt with the creaky house and gallons of basic red sauce.

Cincinnati, Ohio
“What a little gem!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

My wife and I were in Indianapolis for our 10 year anniversary. We stumbled upon this awesome little Italian place. They do not do reservations but on a Friday nigh our wait was still only about 35 min. We were originally sat outside when a storm came in. The staff was very helpful in finding us an inside table and getting us switched quick. Our waitress was so nice and on the ball. The food was some of the best we have ever had. For the Itailan food lovers this place is worth the trip. Hint: Try the fried ravioli.

1 Thank Toney S