“What a little gem!”

Mama Carolla's Old Italian Restaurant
Ranked #27 of 2,355 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Cincinnati, Ohio
“What a little gem!”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

My wife and I were in Indianapolis for our 10 year anniversary. We stumbled upon this awesome little Italian place. They do not do reservations but on a Friday nigh our wait was still only about 35 min. We were originally sat outside when a storm came in. The staff was very helpful in finding us an inside table and getting us switched quick. Our waitress was so nice and on the ball. The food was some of the best we have ever had. For the Itailan food lovers this place is worth the trip. Hint: Try the fried ravioli.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Toney S

Indiana
“Best manacotti I have ever had!!”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

This restaurant serves the best manacotti I have ever had!! Wonderful old Italy atmosphere, service was great, and the food was awesome. I highly recommend.

• Visited August 2012
Memphis, Tennessee
“Well-Deserved First Pick for Italian”
Reviewed July 28, 2012

This is the #1 Italian restaurant in Indy and for good reason! Some of the best, most authentic Italian I have eaten. Great wine and my friends and I shared several appetizers between all of us. I recommend the stuffed shrimp! I was extremely impressed and could not have been happier with my meal.

Visited March 2012
Indianapolis
“LOVE”
Reviewed July 13, 2012

The food here is always amazing. The Italian wedding soup is my favorite. Dining on the patio transports you from Indianapolis to a much more exciting place. :) The servers are always friendly and the other patrons are generally fun, too!

• Visited June 2012
Indianapolis, Indiana
“True Italian”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

It's been awhile since I've visited, but the food is delightful - very fresh! You can taste all the flavors so well. The atmosphere is interesting as well - since it is in what used to be a house. If you like Italian - Mama Carolla's is the place to go.

1 Thank Shannon L