“Very good sushi and their green tea ice cream is amazing!”

Sakura Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #231 of 2,403 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I went here for an early Valentine's dinner while we were in Indy. We made reservations and got their early so we got sat immediately. We ordered our food, I got two vegetable rolls and my husband got the seabass meal which came with a California roll. The food took about 45 minutes to get out to us. But I understand that there was only three sushi chefs and the place was packed and making sushi takes time. The food was amazing though I was unable to finish all of my sushi. We then ordered green tea ice cream and it came out immediately. It is probably the best ice cream I've ever had. Simply amazing.
I would definitely recommend making reservations at this place because it seemed toget pretty packed after we got their. Also, their parking lot is very small so be prepared to have to park somewhere else and walk.

Other than that, a great place to go get some amazing sushi!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Outside may look like a run down house, but inside they have their game face on! It's fresh, nice presentation and descent priced! Highly recommend for a 1st time sushi eater, as they are very helpful in descriptions.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

This is BY FAR the best sushi in Indianapolis. There are several really great sushi restaurants in Indy that are pricey and fancy but this isn't one of them. It's small, unassuming, and moderately priced! I can get 6 Bob's rolls, soup, and salad for less than $10!
Be sure to order the soft shell crab - it's what they're best known for!!

Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

The other reviews are right this is a really good place to get sushi but plan to wait 30-45 min for a seat

Reviewed October 14, 2012

From the outside, you aren't expecting much. Inside-it is jammed packed and with good reason. They serve some the best Sushi in the city at very reasonable prices. We found roll we at excellently prepared and yummy. My wife even got the VIP card as she is already planning our next trip here. Easily one of the best Sushi restaurants in the city, and one of the better ones for value.
Reservations are a must, unless you plan on standing with a plastic lobster in your hand.
The atmosphere is busy, loud, and not very exciting. Not exactly the most romantic restaurant I've been to, but go here for the food and and you will not be disappointed!!