“Best corned beef in Indy!”

Shapiro's Delicatessen
Ranked #1,350 of 2,418 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

Shapiros has been around a long time. I've been eating there since the mid 70's, and I've never been disappointed. We had lunch recently at the airport location, at the beginning of a nice trip to warmer weather. It was one of the highlights of the journey, and great way to start a vacation! Corned beef and Swiss on rye, with spicy mustard. You've got to try it!

Reviewed February 13, 2014 via mobile

I don't know why the pastrami is not in the menu but be sure to ask for it. It is the best! Generous portion, good with spicy mustard.

Reviewed January 20, 2014

Best reuben in Indiana. It's the size of a softball wrapped in rye toast. Don't eat breakfast before ordering this for lunch, because you won't be able to hold it.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

I have eaten at the airport location a few times and many times at the downtown hub. I agree with other reviewers who say the airport location is not as good, but disagree to go somewhere else as all terminal B food places are mundane.

Its the best in terminal B but the service, quality & quantity do not measure up to the original...management needs to improve this location as not many people enjoy getting so-so sandwich & service for a $12 (without chips/drink), even at the airport.

One positive I'd mention is that they have a small seating area in the back with a nice view and it hasn't been crowded the times I've been there. It's a nice place to eat, see the planes go buy and ingest 8 oz of corned beef, sauerkraut and thousand island dressing, yum.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

If I'd never eaten at the Shapiro's Deli in downtown Indy, I wouldn't know how much the airport location falls short of the original. Prices were about the same, but the expectation of an overstuffed sandwich fell very short. If I'm looking for a quick meal in this part of the Indianapolis airport, I'll go somewhere else next time.