“Play was great:Food/Service terrible”

Beef & Boards Dinner Theatre
More attraction details
Owner description: Beef & Boards Dinner Theatre has been serving up food, fun and fabulous live entertainment for everyone since 1973. Located in College Park, the theatre was part of a chain of dinner theatres built by Louisville contractor J. Scott Talbott. It was called "Beef" because of the delicious hand carved roast beef served before the performances, and "Boards" referring to the boards or stage of a theatre. Today, the Indianapolis location is privately owned and the sole remaining Beef & Boards Dinner Theatre, entertaining more than 150,000 theatergoers annually. Each season includes professional Broadway shows, plays and acclaimed children's theatre productions by our resident Pyramid Players. But a visit to Beef & Boards is more than just great theatre! We offer a tasty dinner buffet prepared by our in-house executive chef, plus a full-service bar and mouthwatering gourmet desserts. Be sure to stop by the Intermission gift shop for unique gift ideas, and ask about seeing more shows for less through our VIP membership program. Come see why each year more and more people discover the value and quality of Beef & Boards Dinner Theatre! Beef & Boards is a member of Actors' Equity Association, the only union for professional actors in legitimate theatre.
Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

We have went twice to Beef and Boards. The first time with my best friend. We loved the play! Top notch actors! Too bad the service wasnt the same. We had finished our meal before even getting our drinks. Not completely the waitresses fault as they were short staffed. But still aggrevating all the same. The food is nothing spectacular. Very bland and each time it wasnt hot by the time you got to your table. The small sliver of meat served is hardly enough to count as a meal. So while the play is great they need to consider new meal options.

2  Thank Patches S

Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

Rented a limousine and went there with my whole family from Fort Wayne to see Mary Poppins and have dinner. The actors were much better than what we expected and although the food selection on the buffet was limited, it was really pretty good. Even the kids enjoyed it (wasn't sure if they would because of how long we were there)

1  Thank Jennifer R
Reviewed June 17, 2014

I've lived in Indiana my whole life and have gone to Beef and Boards since I was little. I take my friends and co-workers here and always have an enjoyable time. I am always amazed at how few people know about this place. It is very popular with the older crowd. I am younger, and I prefer the older crowd. The talent in the musicals/plays is outstanding. The buffet meal beforehand is always very tasty. The desserts are really good too. This is a great place to go for a date night or celebrate a birthday or anniversary. Awesome, awesome place! I always feel great after I leave here! It's a little pricey, but it's worth it!

Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

We obviously consider Beef and Boards top rate since we have been vip pass holders for 20+ years. Great seating and you can have wonderful seats from virtually any area. The shows are typically wonderful. The comedies are always my personal favorite! They have a great buffet with salad , roast beef and usually 3-4 other main dish options. VIP is the way to go if there is at least 3 shows in the season you would enjoy!!!

1  Thank A47403
Reviewed April 16, 2014

On a business trip, my company treated us to this dinner theatre. I've been to dinner theatres before and many have so-so productions with a so-so food buffett. I found the Beef and Boards to be way above average in the theatrical part and above average in the food department. First, the food--- There were the usual salad items that you could help yourself too. This buffet had fish, chicken and beef. I tried them all and they were all good. Dessert was offers either at the end of the meal or at intermission. There was a wide selection for everyone's taste from pies, cheesecakes, ice cream and cake. No problem there.
The theatrical production was extremely well done. I'm not a theatrical review critic but I know what I like. The people on stage obviously liked what they did, they had a lot of enthusiasm in performing and they were well rehearsed for the play. All the characters, from the leads to the supporting cast were excellent.
It was a very nice time and when I'm back in Indianapolis, I'll be sure to check them out to see what production they have.

3  Thank Hortman55