“Live Current Mead” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
“Live Current Mead”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014

Located near Fountain Square, small amount of parking off street behind the building, I have gone twice to fill growlers. Won't pour into beer growlers, so I had to buy some there. As of this date, Tuesday is half price fill day. At that price, cheaper than most bottled wine. Only tried one item so far, Live Current. Flavored with black currents, my wife likes and I love this mead. Nice environment, kind of hip.

• Visited February 2014

Portland, Indiana
“New Day made my day!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

My first trip to the Meadery was last spring. My sister and I enjoyed a meat and cheese plate with our tasting. Very tasty food to go with the drinks. We mainly did a tasting and learned about mead wines. On our next visits, we tried their drink specials. These were quite interesting. You must try one. We live about two hours from the Meadery, but we hope to go back many more times! If you are in Indy stop in, you won't regret it.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Nice place to sit and relax a bit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

I dropped in for a quick tasting since I hadn't been there in 2 years. New Day Meadery still has a friendly, relaxed atmosphere. I do think the carbonation in the mead takes away from the flavor of some of the wines. All in all, New Day is a great little place to spend an hour and a few bucks in Indy. I love how they do the 6 decent sized tastings for $5. Very enjoyable

Livonia, Michigan
“Mead my day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

After a day of exploring the city by bike and boat, we stopped in for "Happy Hour". The neighborhood has a funky vibe and it happened to be the first Friday of the month so there was free art on display throughout the meadery.

New Day had 3 hard ciders and about 8 meads available on tap. The sampler of 6 tastings was the perfect way to try a variety of new things. We love hard cider but were skeptical about what the mead would taste like since I have a friend that is an amateur bee keeper that has made mead before and it was capital N nasty!

Wow, what a wonderful surprise to taste the mead here. Between the carbonization and the fruit varieties (blueberry, cherry, strawberry/rhubarb, black current, cranberry) it was nothing like my previous experience. It was light and refreshing and we forgot all about cider. We enjoyed the sampler so much that we ordered additional glasses. It was the perfect way to unwind after a warm autumn day.

New Day also offers several $5 cocktails and some small plates for snacking.

As a bonus, we got lucky and found their Johnny Chapman cider on tap the next day at Bru Burger. Double score!

Visited October 2013
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
“Love New Day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

I love the New Day tasting room in Fountain Square. In addition to good hard cider and mead wines, they server cheese and meat plates or chocolates. First Friday is Art night where a new local artist shows their creations.

Visited October 2013