No photo provided
Add it.
Delhi Palace
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We visited this restaurant at the downtown (Indiana Avenue) location in Indy. We were at Riley Hospital for a while so we ate at this location twice for dinner and once for lunch. All three times we had excellent customer service from the friendly staff.

The meals were delicious. The lunch buffet is the best I have seen. So many choices. The Indian restaurant near my home doesn't hold a candle to this one. I've been spoiled now. I don't have anything negative to say about this restaurant. Everything was very good.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

The place was clean and well maintained. Courteous staff. I ordered Chef's special Biryani ( rice dish) and Chicken Manchurian ( an indo-chinese dish). Though the food was not bad tasting, it was not the authentic Indian food. Biryani is normally seal steam cooked, but this one wasn't. It was like a flavor paste had been added to the rice. The chicken Manchurian was too sweet tasting, red color infused and lacked the true taste of its namesake. If one does not know how the real deal tastes, the food may be good! Overall, not for me. it may appeal to others and may be bargain for a lunch buffet. I have seen several flyers with discounts off, so check if planning to try it out.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

New location of established restaurant group. Location is very accessible - especially on Christmas Day! Very pleasant room, some India decor but not over-the-top. Excellent server (big guy) once we got to know each other. Cuisine is Punjabi. Spiciness was user-friendly. First time I'd seen "chats" (small plates?) - ample for appetizer. Entree, chicken curry, was great. Owner, nice lady, chatted with us briefly. Good wine and beer selection, server's advice helpful. Look forward to eating there again.