The Alexander
$144
$137
$128
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of $172/night.

$185
$157
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $188/night.

$164
$139
Hampton.com
$225
$201
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $224/night.

$199
JW Marriott
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $242/night.

$235
$199
GardenInn.com
$120
3,048 results
All reviewsmarket tablebeautiful hotelbankers lifelucas oil stadiumparking garagedowntown indybusiness meetingconvention centerartworkplatyolkmixologynourishmentymcaceruleanartsylilly
Reviewed July 28, 2014

My husband surprised me with a night at the Alexander for my birthday. Everyone at the Alexander was happy to help in any way they could and then went beyond even that. When I walked in the man at the check-in desk promptly handed me a card from my husband. He also wished me happy birthday (after talking with my husband I found out it was a different person than who he had given the card to...perfect hand off). At the time, the hotel was hosting a huge NASCAR racing league, including Tony Stewart, for the Brickyard 400. Even with all of that going on, the staff never seemed harried and they made us feel just as important as if we were Tony Stewart. The hotel room was perfect with a handwritten note from the hotel staff and champagne and strawberries. The room was exceptional. Clean, modern, bright and beautifully decorated. (The artwork throughout the hotel was really cool.) The beds were extremely comfortable. Outside noise was non-existent. It was a perfect stay at the best hotel in Indianapolis. The restaurant on site, Cerulean, was also amazing. The chef prepared a custom 10 course dinner based on questions my husband answered about my tastes. The food was exceptional. Every course was beautiful and tasted even better. We loved our waiter...I wish I could remember his name. He was funny, friendly and the service was impeccable. I couldn't have asked for a better time. Thank you!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jennifer W
Michelle D, Guest Relations Manager at The Alexander, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2014

Jennifer W.,

Thank you so much for choosing The Alexander to celebrate your birthday. Sounds like everything went perfectly! I am glad that we were able to help make it a great night for you and your husband. It was absolutely our pleasure to have you with us, and we do hope to see you again!

Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

Beautiful, Artsy and Wonderful all around service. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Mobil One headquarters for the Brickyard 400. They did an awesome job transforming the hotel yet, not taking away from the classy atmosphere. We were all rooting for Tony Stewart!

• Stayed: July 2014

Hapuna 1,

We certainly enjoyed hosting your group here at The Alexander. We love seeing the transition from normal Alexander to Mobil 1 Alexander! It is such a great event and it is absolutely our pleasure to be your host for the weekend. We hope to see you all again next year! Thank you for your raving review on TripAdvisor.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

This new hotel has a very lean and clean look, with a modernistic style. The rooms was spacious and a little spare looking, but with a modern and user-friendly bathroom and nice shower. Staff were friendly, and bed was very comfortable. In-room Keurig coffeemaker a nice plus, free Wifi and reasonably priced make this a good value and comfortable stay. Walking distance to the Fieldhouse, Lucas Oil Stadium and Lilly pharmaceuticals in a newly developing part of town, this is likely to grow in popularity over the years.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank hepadoc

hepadoc,

Thank you for staying with us! We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the location of the hotel. The area is still building up and they have just recently broken ground on a new 87,000 square foot YMCA, in addition to opening two new restaurant locations in the past 2 months. Next time you are in the area, hopefully you can stay with us again and enjoy some of great new spots!

Reviewed July 22, 2014

I recently stayed at the Alexander hotel based on reviews in trip advisor and other sources and my families personal interests. The hotel is indeed a unique experience combining wonderful art with the hotel; the art work is all original and of very high quality and makes waking into each area of the hotel a wonderful experience. I would recommend walking the stairs top to bottom to catch all the art, especially at the elevator stops and the parking deck is filled with street art that looks like Banksy but is not, again you have to go up and down the entire garage or you will miss some wonderful art. The rooms were modern, spacious and comfortable. The hotel is conveniently located in downtown Indianapolis and you can walk most anywhere.
I have a few concerns when I checked the room refrigerator their was left over food in it which made me question the cleaning skills of the staff. I also was surprised that parking was expensive for Indianapolis and the hotel gave no discount. I would however stay at this hotel again for the experience.

Room Tip: you might want to ask about view, we had a poor view but weren't really booking the hotel for the view.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Michelle D, Guest Relations Manager at The Alexander, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2014

karen a.,

It was a pleasure to have you here with us and we greatly appreciate your feedback about your stay. I happy so glad to hear that you enjoyed the look and all of the artwork throughout the property. The graffiti artist that took over our parking garage was Nick Walker, and he got his start in the Bristol graffiti scene in the early 1980's.

I do sincerely apologize for the cleanliness of the refrigerator. I can assure you this is not typical of our service, and I have passed along your comments to our Housekeeping Manager. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns about your stay. I would be happy to speak with you personally.

michelle.dollens@dolce.com

Reviewed July 21, 2014

Charming hotel, spacious 2-bedroom suite, great balcony, comfortable beds, clean bathrooms but tiny showers, functional kitchen, excellent 2d floor bar. Trip directions on hotel site are seriously misleading. No hair dryer; phone never worked. Not centrally located. Friendly staff.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Johnine B.,

Thank you so much for staying with us and for providing your feedback about your visit. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the Two-Bedroom Suite that you stayed in. They are great rooms for families or an extended stay apartment. I do apologize that there was not a hairdryer in your room as this is typically standard in each of our guest rooms. I have passed along your comments about the directions on our website in order to get that fixed promptly. If there is anything else I can personally assist you with, please do feel free to contact me at michelle.dollens@dolce.com.