“New and Exciting”

The Alexander
Ranked #6 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed December 20, 2013

My wife and I were gifted with a one night hotel stay by my office, and we thoroughly enjoyed the experience at The Alexander. We're from Indy, so staying in a hotel in our own city was a splurge, but we thoroughly enjoyed The Alexander. We arrived in the afternoon and left early in the morning, but were able to enjoy all aspects of the hotel and the surrounding areas.

As far as hotels in Indianapolis go, The Alexander is in its own category. The artwork, design and amenities are well considered, artfully created and very contemporary. We loved simply walking around the hotel, and it's in a great location to walk around destinations in downtown Indianapolis, as well. The manager handled our check-in and gave us complimentary beverages in their bar, Plat 99, and we were treated so well during our entire stay.

Plat 99 is the main attraction of the social space of the hotel, offering beautiful surroundings, awesome beverages and small plate meals. The staff is friendly and knowledgable and it's unlike any other bar in Indy.

The rooms aren't huge, but the bed and furnishings were comfortable, clean, and the room was well appointed. Because the hotel is one of the first projects in this area, there isn't much of a view, and there aren't many people out walking around, but the entire experience was really nice and something we wouldn't have done had it not been a gift. I'd highly recommend The Alexander for your upcoming trip—it's a wonderful destination and I'm hoping we can have a visit there again soon.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor room, it'll be quieter, and ask about one of the rooms that faces Delawar...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Michelle D, Guest Relations Manager at The Alexander, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2014

danebenton,

It was great to read your review on Trip Advisor. It is fun to stay in your own city every now and then, especially at a new location. I am glad that you were able to enjoy your gift and spend some time with us here at The Alexander. Thank you so much for your great comments about the artwork, room decor, and friendly staff. Our hotel is one of the first projects within the City Way area which is still continuing to grow. We are looking forward to more retail and restuarants that will be adding to our great location in 2014. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again for another night or some drinks and small plates in Plat 99.

There are newer reviews for The Alexander

Reviewed December 19, 2013

I have stayed at the Alexander two times. Once in October, the Second in December. Both times the rooms were clean, valet staff was courteous, and I had a great overall experience. The hotel is very contemporary and a really cool place to be. The rates are reasonable and I've also used their conference rooms for work. Can't wait to come back!

Room Tip: There are few rollaway beds, so ask ASAP if you want one!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Charles C,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a 5 Star review on Trip Advisor. We greatly appreciate your continued business and positive comments about the hotel. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

We stayed 2 nights for the Big 10 Football Championship. The hotel is a contemporary masterpiece...marble, polished stainless steel, modular seating areas, color and texture art pieces, clusters of colorful pendant light fixtures cover the bar's ceiling. Our standard room had two extremely comfortable queen beds (king bed not available) and spacious bathroom with a large glass walled shower. The housekeeping department keeps every area immaculate and sparkling! The weekend brunch has delicious selections for everyone. The front desk and valet service were gracious and helpful. Angie D, Michigan

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

Angie D,

We certainly appreciate your business and your elequent comments about The Alexander. I was so excited to read your countless comments about the design, artwork, and cleanliness of the hotel. It was absolutely our pleasure to serve you and we hope to see you back for your next visit to Indianapolis!

Reviewed December 12, 2013

Recently stayed here for two nights of a business meeting, the hotel was beautiful and meeting room, break service and the meals were all amazing. I would recommend this hotel to others for meeting events as well as just a place to get away.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Carolynk21,

It was a pleasure to have you here with us at The Alexander during your business trip to Indianapolis! We greatly appreciate your postive feedback about the hotel and look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed December 11, 2013

I recently stayed at The Alexander while attending an industry event hosted by a major local corporation. I enjoyed, unexpectedly, my most pleasant domestic hotel experience in many years. The facility offers attention to quality and aesthetics superior to many high-end and more expensive hotels. The integration of design and artwork is cohesive; it captured my interest and curiosity. The dining experience and food quality was excellent, and the staff was very acommodating and curteous. Well done. I may not return to Indianapolis for quite some time, though this is where I will stay upon a return.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Matt H,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your comments online. It is our goal as a hotel to provide excellent service and an inspiring environment for people to meet. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your dining experience as well. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Indy!

Reviewed December 3, 2013

I recently stayed at the Alexander for a 2 night business trip. The hotel was beyond beautiful and the staff could not have been more friendly and helpful. I had reservations for Harry and Izzy's for dinner and the shuttle wasn't running so Jessica offered to drive me in the coporate car and just call her when I finished dinner and she picked me up. Oh....it get better.....This morinng I called for my car to be pulled around at 7am and received a call that my car had been toad from the valet area. Hmmmm, this was a new experience for them and me. Long story short Matthew Fuhrman with Elite went beyond what I expected. Took me to my office, picked me up with my luggage, drove me to the tow truck place, paid the ticket, put the luggage back in my car and.......Gave me a gift card to Ruth Chris Steak house. oh wait, i also followed him to the interstate to start my trip back home. FABULOUS Service all the way around. I will be staying there again in Jan. and I look forward to it.

Room Tip: 6th floor room was quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Valarie63,

What an interesting experience! Thank you so much for your understanding and patience in such an unexpected situation. I sincerely apologize that you had to go through all of the hassle of getting your vehicle back. I am glad to hear that Matt and Jessica were so helpful and accommodating for you. I can assure you this is not typical at all of The Alexander and we certainly used this as a learning experience. Please feel free to contact me directly when looking to book in the future. I would love to meet you and ensure that you have a flawless experience on your next visit to the hotel.

The Alexander, A Dolce

Reviewed December 2, 2013

I have admired The Alexander since its opening earlier this year, and at last had a reason to stay. Our experience was fabulous! Our corner suite had an amazing view of the cityscape, including Lucas Oil Stadium and other landmarks. Every creature comfort was anticipated, we wanted for nothing. The staff was courteous extremely helpful, from the first encounter with the gentlemen at the valet parking, to a warm reception by the lobby desk staff, and from the housekeeping personnel to the Platt 99 Mixologists & Market Buffet Chefs and attentive waiters. The Alexander -- and Indianapolis in general -- was a very welcoming and friendly place. As adults, we appreciated the "grown-up" ambiance and the general absence of the fussiness of small children in the hotel. We took in many of the local sights, from the holiday lighting of the Monument Circle, to a Blue Ribbon Carriage ride, a visit to the 'Matisse Paints the Town' exhibit at the Indianapolis Museum of Art, and a creative culinary treat at Mesh on Mass Ave., to name a few, everything was spectacular. To add to our delight, after being out for the day, we returned to find the hotel was decked out in holiday splendor. What a treat! Our object was to depressurize from previous weeks of stress and our mission was absolutely accomplished.

Room Tip: Corner king suite has floor to ceiling windows with great views.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

AndrielsThoughts,

Thank you for visiting us at The Alexander and for taking the time to write a great 5 Star review on Trip Advisor! Sounds like you really did the full tour of downtown Indy and the hotel! What a fun trip to the city and to top it off with christmas lights upon return to the hotel. I was so glad to read your comments about each department of the hotel and how great of an experience they helped to provide for you. I do hope you enjoyed your holidays and look forward to seeing you again in the future.