The Alexander
$259
$193
$189
3,031 results
All reviewsmarket tablebeautiful hotelbankers lifelucas oil stadiumparking garagedowntown indybusiness meetingconvention centerartworkplatyolkmixologynourishmentymcaceruleanartsylilly
Reviewed November 11, 2013

We stayed recently in the residence area of this hotel with another couple. We had a two bedroom; two bath and it was wonderful. Plenty of room for everyone to be comfortable. And having the living room and kitchen space was exactly what we needed to hang out in before and after dinner. We even had a balcony which was really nice to have a drink on and enjoy the views. The bed was comfortable but next time I will bring earplugs because it is close to the train tracks. We had no problem walking to dinner and felt safe. Hotel itself is pretty cool with all the artwork and everything appeared to be clean. We have all agreed to stay here next year for our yearly trip.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Michelle D, Guest Relations Manager at The Alexander, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

pitcrew3,

Hello! Thank you for your positive review of The Alexander. I'm glad to hear the layout and amenities in our Two-Bedroom Suites worked out well for your group. Those are one of my favorite rooms and are great for entertaining or extended stays. I do apologize for the noise that you experienced from the train tracks. In the future, you can always request a room on the opposite end to be farther away from that area. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

Very nice hotel, stayed three nights for business. Great valet folks and generally welcoming. The room was very nice! Laid out well and with tons of space. The bedding was awesome, but the bed was a little too firm for my taste. TV was great with good cable. WiFi worked well and was high speed. The bathroom was really nice and spacious. There were a couple things that weren't super clean (a bit of gunk on a light switch, a hair very high on a shower wall) but it wasn't enough to dampen my experience. We ate there multiple times for business meals and I thought the food was the most lacking thing of the experience, esp for gluten free options. Location is good for downtown activities. Overall, I will be glad to visit here again.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

efm16,

Thank you so much for staying with us for your 3 day business trip. We are proud to be a part of the Indianapolis Downtown market with our new art-centric hotel. We appreciate your feedback about the cleanliness of the room and the food and beverage options. I have passed along your comments to the appropriate departments so we can be sure to improve for any future visits. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the valet staff and room amenities. We certainly look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

The Alexander is a wonderful "boutique" hotel tucked in the middle of Indianapolis. Friendly, helpful, smiling staff eager to help you and provide recommendations. Clean, comfortable rooms with a modern flair. Excellent dining and cocktails. Breakfast buffet at The Market Table is outstanding.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Traveler32013,

What a great 5 Star review of The Alexander! I have passed along your comments to our hotel staff and we greatly appreciate your feedback. Thanks for taking the time to write about your experience. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

Having been displaced from our home due to a plumbing disaster, we searched for a decent and affordable 2 bedroom extended stay hotel for my family. We were pleasantly surprised to find this at the Alexander. We had a fantastic 2 bedroom suite that was very affordable that we stayed in for 2 weeks. The hotel is really impressive, the suite was very comfortable, the art is very cool, the staff were all super nice and accommodating, Plat 99 is a great bar, and Cerulean is a fantastic restaurant. The only one issue we had was very loud neighbors above us one night. The staff was very responsive when we complained and even gave us a bottle of wine and a cheese plate the next evening for our troubles. Indy has some really decent hotels, but given the choice, I would definitely stay at the Alexander.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

kace,

Thank you for choosing The Alexander for your 2 week extended stay. I am sorry to hear about the plumbing disaster at your house. I hope everything came together well for you and you are back in the comfort of your own home. We are very happy to be able to help out in this unfortunate situation and I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us. Hopefully we can see you again in the future for nice night out on the town!

Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

I had the honor of attending my god son's wedding recently and I was so amazed with the hotel from the art to the personal greetings by thee employees ( Jessica at front desk), and things only got better! My stay was spectacular! There was a few particular things that set it off for me personally, such as their group of young ladies and gentleman that made it obvious that they loved there jobs. I was greeted by everyone with a smile and a simply "how are you?" When the wedding started there were two young gentleman that stole my heart (Bartenders Mack and justin). They took their jobs to the next level of customer service, although Very busy they made time for each individual. I highly recommend the Alexander hotel and will be telling friends and family about this place! :) Thanks Guys!

Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Howard_betty

Howard_betty,

Thank you so much for taking the time to rave about our staff at The Alexander! Congratulations to your god son! I hope they had a great time as well. I have passed along your comments to our staff, specifically highlighting Jessica, Mack and Justin for their stellar service and dedication to their craft. We strive to create memorable experiences for our guests, and our associates really show their passion through comments like these. Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you again for maybe a personal leisure trip or another special occasion.