“An exquisite stay”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Cleveland, Ohio
“An exquisite stay”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

The Alexander, Indianapolis provided a wonderful stop on a business trip. I was greeted on arrival promptly, although they were busy. Check in was prompt and courteous. The lobby is exquisite with beautiful modern art. Dozens of other pieces of modern art are placed throughout the hotel; and there was a guide to the art work placed in the room to describe and help locate the artwork. Plat 99 (the bar) has a deck with great seating and a light display that is very interesting. The health club is clean and well presented. Breakfast in the Market Table was prompt and the food was excellent. Dinner at Cerulean was a special experience, with fresh local ingredients and artistic presentation. The meeting rooms were well placed and the media support was without flaw. The guest rooms were beautiful and the bed a pleasure to sleep on. Check out was convient.

I would return for pleasure if the opportunity presented itself.

1 Thank John T
Michelle D, Guest Relations Manager at The Alexander, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
John T.,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a thorough review of The Alexander. I can assure you, it is reviews like this that keep our team motivated and excited to work in such a beautifully decorated space. From check in to check out, our goal is to make your stay as comfortable and stress free as possible while also providing an inspiring environment. We look forward to having you back with us!

The Alexander, A Dolce Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed September 23, 2013

While attending a business conference at The Alexander Hotel in Indianapolis, I was very much inspired by the contemporary design that encompasses art in ever nook and cranny of the hotel. It was like staying at a museum. The hotel is very centrally located in the heart of Indianapolis which made it very easy to get around by foot. Excellent service in all respects. I was very impressed with the eco-friendly design. The Market Table was used by our conference for both the breakfast and lunches and was a wonderful eating experience unlike any other hotel I have ever been. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and have nothing negative to say about my experience there. I look forward to returning to Indianapolis - just to stay at the Alexander again.

Terri S.,

Thank you for your raving review! We were happy to host your conference here at The Alexander and are certainly very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay so much. I am glad that you also enjoyed the offerings and open-kitchen style concept of The Market Table restaurant. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Northbrook, Illinois
Reviewed September 19, 2013

If you want a great luxury experience in Indianapolis, stay at the JW Marriott. Difficult to make a reservation, poor communications with reservations at the hotel, did not call back when they said they would, did not email confirmation after it was requested. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Double charged me for parking (both valet and self, and I had to call to get this resolved). Room was cold, and very noisy (train and refrigerator), and room controls were confusing.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank appollo1
MichaelMoros, Manager at The Alexander, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Apollo1
I am disappointed to read that your experience at The Alexander was poor. Our culture and service style embraces our guests needs and puts them first typically. Please accept my apology on behalf of the entire Alexander Team.
If you would like to give me a call and discuss it further I would appreciate it.
Michael
317-624-8202
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We loved this hotel! We weren't quite sure what to expect due to this being our first time in Indianapolis. We went for the mini marathon race. This hotel has made it to the list of my all time favorites. I hope to visit their other locations. They paid extreme attention to detail when checking in and were very thoughtful when offering snacks and refreshments for the runners. My only complaint, which I'm sure they've figured out by now was the restaurant. The restaurant had only been open for 2 days prior to this busy weekend and I don't think they were fully ready and staffed for the crowd. We waited forever for dinner and breakfast to be prepared. The food however was great and the gelato was amazing! Can't wait to go back. The artwork was really unique and awesome! The surrounding location is still being developed.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Michelle D, Guest Relations Manager at The Alexander, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Bluefrogs32,

Thank you for taking the time to write a 5 star review of The Alexander. We were very happy to host so many people in town for the Marathon. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the extra touches that were provided for the runners. I do apologize for the long wait you experienced in our restuarant for the pasta dinner. Yes, we had only been open for a short time back in February, and that was our first dinner service. I can assure you, we have worked out the kinks and the restuarant is really continuing to pick up great business with it's breakfast and lunch crowd. We hope to see you back next year for another race!

Minneapolis
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I stayed at The Alexander for 6 nights for a business trip. The hotel was clean and very aesthetically pleasing. It is located right downtown Indy, not far from Lucas Oil Stadium and very close to Eli Lilly. It boasts some very interesting artwork and lighting fixtures to look at as well. There is also an attached parking ramp.

There are three restaurants within the hotel. We ate at two of them. Plat99 is the bar with a smaller selection of food. We ate there the first night of arrival just to have an appetizer before bed. The quality was good and the quantity of food for the price was pretty decent as well. Cerulean is their more upscale restaurant which we did not try. Market Table is the other restaurant that offers breakfast and lunch. We did eat breakfast each day down there. I'm unsure of the cost because we had free vouchers but I would imagine it isn't the cheapest in town. However, the selection of items is great. I really liked they offered not only regular bacon and sausage but turkey bacon and sausage. The lunch offering was quite varied as well. They do have just a "cold" lunch buffet for a much cheaper price. That was filling and enough for us for lunch.

The only thing that bugged me-and this bugs me at any hotel- is that the doors to go in and out of parking ramp were manual and not automatic. Every hotel should have automatic doors to enter and exit the building. Apparently the people that build the hotels never have to haul luggage in and out of the doors.

In summary, great hotel if you want to stay downtown Indianapolis.

VioletMN,

What a great review of our hotel and restaurant selections! Thank you for visiting us during you business trip and taking the time to try out our many offerings for food and beverage. We are in a great location for many of the surrounding businesses and perfect for sporting events being one block from Banker's Life and just a quick 3 blocks from Lucas Oil Stadium. I am glad that you enjoyed the atmosphere and we look forward to seeing you again.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Overall great experience! Lovely, brand new property & great room (bed is a little hard though). Fantastic gym - someone wrote small, but I disagree. A lot of equipment & not one of those dingy little holes-in-the-wall. Delicious food/drinks at both Market Table breakfast buffet & Plat 99! Bellmen, servers, staff around hotel very helpful & cordial. Slightly off the main drag of downtown Indy, but no more than a ten minute walk. Just be a little careful at night or take a taxi. VERY convenient to convention center (during daylight felt very safe & can enter far end of convention center so barely a 7 minute walk outside). Free excellent wifi included. Walls are sort of thin, so a room near an elevator might have been annoying (did not personally have any troubles though).

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Michelle D, Guest Relations Manager at The Alexander, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
BABbling_Beth1111,

Thank you so much for choosing The Alexander for your business trip to Indianapolis. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to rate your experience on Trip Advisor. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the fitness center and our restaurants. We are a quick 5 block walk to the entrance of the Convention Center and only about a $5.00 cab ride to most places in the downtown area if you choose not to walk or there is bad weather. I do apologize that the bed was a little hard for you. We can always provide an extra insert to make it more comfortable in the future. Thanks for staying with us and we look forward to serving you again!

new york
Reviewed September 12, 2013

What a hotel! The Alexander is a gorgeous hotel. The art, the rooms, the food and drinks - all are amazing. And even better is the people. The staff is so friendly and helpful and truly want you to be happy during your stay. I enjoyed every minute of my stay. Great vibe and great hotel.

aka217,

What a review! Thank you for your kind words about the hotel accommodations and the staff. We are here to make sure that our guests have a positive and memorable experience, and I am certainly glad to hear that we succeeded during you visit with us. Come back again soon!