“Amazing food service and great bartenders” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Alexander

You added The Alexander to your Saves list
The Alexander
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   333 S. Delaware Street, Indianapolis, IN 46204 (Downtown Indianapolis)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #7 of 183 Hotels in Indianapolis
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Amazing food service and great bartenders”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

I had the chance to come to my best friends wedding, the hotel was amazing but what set the hotel apart from all others was the staff that worked this wedding. The banquet staff was amazing and as for the bartenders Mac & Justin they kept the party alive. After our outdoor party got rained out the banquet caption Anna was on point. They made the night eventful, memorable, and simply amazing. Highly recomended for weddings and any other cherishable event.

• Stayed September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
Michelle D, Guest Relations Manager at The Alexander, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
MaxMcKinny,

Thank you for sharing your experience with The Alexander hotel. I am glad to hear that you had such a great time at the wedding you attended. We are honored to help create a lasting impression for the bride and groom and their guests. Thank you also for highlighting our staff members Mac, Justin, and Anna for their exceptional service. We certainly look forward to seeing you again and hopefully the bride and groom for another special occasion.

The Alexander, A Dolce Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
  • Finnish first
Where to next?
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

I stayed here for one night during a business trip to Indianapolis, and decided to try it because I was going to be having dinner in the Cerulean restaurant downstairs anyway.
The hotel seems brand new and is therefore fresh, light and modern. The service was courteous, the room was comfortable and the breakfast was excellent. It has a small but very nice gym. My only complaint is that the hotel lacked... character. Perhaps character is difficult to achieve in a brand new hotel? I would certainly stay here again, though. And, finally, a really nice touch was that the valet already had my car out the front when I checked out; he had taken note of my flight time when I checked in. Thanks!

Room Tip: As in any hotel, be careful not to end up immediately next to, above or below the 24 hour gym, or yo...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Michelle D, Guest Relations Manager at The Alexander, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
Back_to_Sandringham,

Thank you so much for taking the time to rate The Alexander about your stay with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the staff and fresh, modern environment. As the new hotel in downtown, we do certainly appreciate any and all feedback from our guests. Hope to see you on your next business or leisure trip to Indy!

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

This has to be the most unique hotel I've stayed in thus far! From the moment I entered I was captivated by the beautiful art...the amazing iridescent wall, the front desks & the elevator wall! You must watch the history of the hotel on the in your room...it will only intrigue you more. I really wish I could have stayed more than just one night so I could have explored, viewed and appreciated all the art is has to offer. One of my favorite treats was the cold fruit infused water in the front lobby! This hotel is a gem and I would love to return for a longer stay to truly enjoy it. The front desk staff were very helpful and welcoming.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Sciandrep,

Thank you so much for your raving comments about the hotel. The artwork is truly amazing. The piece you are speaking of is called Standing Wave, by Allison Shotz. It really does "captivate" you when you walk in the front doors of the hotel. I personally enjoy how it changes colors throughout the day. The video on the televisions really gives you an in depth look into the artists and what The Alexander hopes to create for our guests. Thanks again, and we look forward to having you back!

Fort Wayne, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is fantastic. The rooms, the service, especially the art, etc. The staff couldn't have been nicer. My husband and I stayed here for our anniversary and I can't wait to go back. Everything was incredibly modern. Which we loved. I can't find one negative thing to say about this hotel. Even the parking garage had really amazing art to look at.

• Stayed September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
Michelle D, Guest Relations Manager at The Alexander, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Mocha7119,

It was so great to read your 5 star review on Trip Advisor! Thank you so much for choosing to celebrate such a special occasion with us here at The Alexander. I am glad to see that we helped make it a memorable experience for you. Hope to see you again next year!

Happy Anniversary,

Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Absolutely unique in all the right ways. Having traveled quite a bit throughout the past 15 years around the midwest, I can really appreciate a great location! That wasn't even the most impressive part! Not only is Indianapolis friendly, it is affordable. Everything is within walking distance, including the 24 hr CVS, not that I needed to go to it, but if I wanted to I could have.
The staff is very helpful, able and willing to assist a guest in any way possible.
The icing on the cake was definitely the artwork.
I was a little bit disappointed that the Chief Mixologist and/or Head Mgr. in the beautiful bar were both absent. The bartenders were quite capable and personable both evenings, but as I mentioned, the Mixologist was absent. I had wanted to see him in action! :) \
Apparently another trip is in order, especially since I enjoyed myself the first time.

Room Tip: all the views are great of Indianapolis! Lucas Oil on one end and Eli Lilly on the other. Pick ur fa...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
IndyAnnAChef,

Thank you so much for visiting The Alexander and taking the time to complete this online review. Hearing these comments from such a frequent traveler really means a lot to our staff. We certainly strive to exceed our guest expectations and provide a "unique" hotel experience. I was especially excited to see that you came in looking to see our mixologists in action! Devon Boyle, lead mixologist, and Michael Gray, Plat 99 Manager, are really creating some buzz in the city with their stylistic take on our summer cocktails.

Thanks again for staying with us and we look forward to serving you in the future.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

My husband and I recently spent a weekend at The Alexander. While I don't think Indy itself has that much to offer, I might consider a return visit just to stay in the Alexander. The hotel is beautiful and modern. The service was spectacular and the rooms were quiet. I would have liked a bathtub (I'm a bath person), but the rain shower was heavenly. That's as close to a complaint as I can get about the room.

Both my highlight and lowlights of my experiences at The Alexander had to do with coffee. It was next to impossible to get a decent cup of coffee at The Alexander. There is an in-room Keurig. I have a Keurig at home, so I was excited to be able to make a quick cup when I got ready. The Newman's Own brand K-Cups provided, however, are FOUL! I tried every combination of cream and sweetener to try to make a palatable cup of coffee, to no avail. It is not possible to adjust the coffee to water ratio with this particular kind of Keurig. I suggest bringing your own K-Cup! The coffee in Market Table, the casual restaurant, was terrible on both mornings we had breakfast there.

To make up for all that, however, one afternoon, tired and sweaty from having walked around the city all morning, I asked the front desk where I could get a good cup of iced coffee nearby. Because The Alexander is kind of on the outskirts of downtown, after briefly checking in with her co-workers, the lovely young woman at the front desk borrowed the hotel's SUV and drove me on a coffee run to Starbucks. It was truly fantastic customer service and made up for all of the rest of the lousy coffee!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
St. Louis, MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

I selected this hotel for a recent trip to Indianapolis due to the modern finishes and noted art in the hotel. I was not disappointed in the least when I arrived. The hotel was beautiful from the lobby, through the halls and into the room. The modern finishes in the room were incredible. I personally cannot stand carpeting in hotel rooms and the wood floors were a great touch. The beds and bedding were incredibly comfortable. Art was highlighted everywhere in the hotel. I was especially impressed by the "green" touches in the hotel, including the use of the key card to turn the lights and electronics in the room on and off - incredible power savings. Finally, the front desk assistants were extremely helpful and went above and beyond to make sure that everything was perfect. If I have a chance to go back to Indianapolis or find a hotel that is managed by this brand, I will not hesitate to stay there again.

Room Tip: Anywhere in this hotel would be great!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple