“Very welcoming staff”

The Alexander
Ranked #5 of 186 Hotels in Indianapolis
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Stayed for 1 night. The staff is very welcoming and friendly. The decor is modern; love the mirror in the elevator area! The room was clean and styled nicely. The bar area has indoor and outdoor seating and the server was very knowledgable about the selection. Had a great experience and will definitely return.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (2,937)

Reviewed July 10, 2013

My husband and I really loved our stay at The Alexander. The decor was hip and welcoming, the art was inspiring, and the staff was incredibly friendly. We came for a business trip, but I would absolutely stay here again when we return for a weekend getaway. I loved everything about it.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Michelle D, Guest Relations Manager at The Alexander, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2013

Monkalus,

It was abolutely our pleasure to have you stay with us. We love that you can now call us one of your favorite hotels. It is our goal to create welcoming environments that inspire our guests. That is literally one of our brand standards, so you hit it right on the head! Thank you so much for recognizing The Alexander with your 5 Star review. Hopefully, we will see you again soon.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Our stay started off on a high note with the valet parker and bell man, and kept getting better from there. We stayed for 6 days and I was sooo sad to leave. By the second day everyone had figured out my schedule. They ALWAYS had the car waiting, even when I forgot to give them 15 minutes lead time. They remembered that in the AM I could put my stuff in the back seat, but in the PM I needed the trunk open. They greeted us every time we went through the lobby, and practically apologized for not anticipating our every need. Everyone went out of their way to handle any request, even if it wasn't necessarily their job. Special shout out to Valets Matthew, Evan, and Sarah; Bell man Michael; and Lamont and Wanda at the front desk. I wish I had the wherewithal to tip $100 bills - I would have passed out thousands that week.

The space is pristine with fabulous and unique art EVERYWHERE. I'm sorry I didn't have time to hang out in the lobby.

Room Tip: We stayed in the "annex" and had outstanding space, but if you don't want to walk so f...
1  Thank Anne L

Anne L,

What a raving 5 Star review! We certainly appreciate your feedback about our staff. Our valet's have such a drive for guest satisfaction, we are so happy to have them on board with us. I am glad they were able to leave such a lasting impression by remembering your preferences. We strive to exceed our guest's expectations every step of the way, and it sounds like we truly succeeded during your stay. Next time you will have to come back to enjoy some of the sights in the lobby and bar area. Bring a camera for some great pictures, especially depending on the time of day with the natural lighting that pours through our floor to ceiling windows. Beautiful shots! Thank you for staying with us for the week. We can't wait to have you back!

Reviewed July 10, 2013

This is an awesome hotel with very friendly and accomadating staff. Staying at this hotel gives you a relaxing environment that makes you forget you're actually in the city, yet you're walking distance from everything. This experience makes you want to come back to this hotel and not even care that you're not collecting your reward points from other major chain hotels. Highly recommend!

Todd L,

Wow, thank you so much for that wonderful compliment. We are off the beaten path of what you would typically think of as downtown, yet still so close! The views give you a new perspective of the downtown area and help to create that "getaway" feel. Dolce Hotels is working on creating a loyalty program for the future, so you can have the best of both worlds. We look forward to having you back with us here at The Alexander.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

If you don't mind being a little further from downtown, The Alexander is the best place to stay. The rooms are modern, spacious, with all the amenities (free wifi, in-room fridge, etc.)

I checked in 6/30 a little after nine, and thankfully, their restaurant (Plat 99) stays open late. I love Manhattans and Sean, the mixologist, made me one of the best Manhattans I've ever had. I overheard him talking with the other patrons and he really knows his stuff. Even a few locals were at the bar to experience his mixing skills. I also had a delicious short rib sandwich and beet salad. Perfect late night snack.

Lastly, the front desk was EXTREMELY nice and accommodating. The gentleman who was working the desk when I checked in was also there when I checked out the next morning, and even though he said he only was able to go home for a few hours, he was chipper and smiling.

I highly recommend staying here, and while the accommodations are terrific, the members of the staff are really who make it worthwhile.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Michelle D, Guest Relations Manager at The Alexander, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Dana L,

Glad you were able to stop by and visit us! The short rib sandwich is my favorite, and yes, it is the perfect little snack to accompany a great cocktail. Our in house mixologists do a great job explaining all of our offerings and they are knowledgeable about the hotel artwork as well. Thank you for your raving review of The Alexander, and for highlighting our staff in Guest Services and Plat 99. Look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed July 1, 2013

The hotel is brand new . Has a very modern look and very comfortable feel. There is art around every corner, including the parking garage. Their collaboration, with the Indianapolis Museum of Art, has given Indy a truly beautiful hotel. It has a truly Indianapolis flavor. They have a very knowledgeable staff. They know their hotel from top to bottom. Jesse Lee, our Plat 99 waiter, knew as much about the hotel, as he knew about the bar's menu. The breakfast at the Market Table was awesome. I loved this hotel. I am a former resident of Indianapolis and this was my new wife's first visit, to my hometown. I could not have asked for a better hotel, for our stay. The communication between the hotel and the parking garage needs to be fixed. Otherwise keep up the good work!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

geer1962,

Thank you so much for your 5 Star Review of The Alexander. We are very proud of our new hotel and our partnership with the Indianapolis Museum of Art. It does add a new flare to downtown! I will pass along your comments to the Plat 99 manager so we can recognize Jesse Lee for his exemplary service and knowledge of the hotel. I am glad you were able to share this experience with your new wife. Congratulations! We will have to see you back for your Anniversary!

Thank you for your comments about the parking garage, we will certainly look into improving that communication. Please feel free to contact me directly to discuss in further detail.

michelle.dollens@dolce.com
317-624-8224

Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here overnight June 29-30. Upon arrival at our room we discovered that our bathroom was flooded. OMG!!! The hotel staff went ABOVE and BEYOND to make sure the rest of our stay was remarkable!! The staff gave us a room upgrade, tickets for free breakfast and a complimentary bottle of Champagne!! Now that's service!! Awesome hotel with a great and fantastic staff! Stay here if you're wanting a very upscale, modern and classy hotel!

• Stayed: June 2013

Bigdog2442,

I am so happy that we were able to turn a potentially negative situation into a positive one for you and your guest. Our guests comfort is very important to us, and we want to ensure you receive the best service and best experience possible. Thank you for sharing your story on Trip Advisor. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.