“This is a great hotel within spitting distance of Lucas Oil Stadium”
Review of The Alexander

The Alexander
Ranked #5 of 182 Hotels in Indianapolis
GreenLeadersSilver level
London, United Kingdom
“This is a great hotel within spitting distance of Lucas Oil Stadium”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Great upscale hotel. Large, very clean, modern, and the rooms are very comfortable. Staff is friendly and accommodating. Very nice bar. Good buffet breakfast and cook to order omelets. Only downside was that our room was right next to the elevator. Late night party goers can be noisy and this place looks like it hosts lots of conferences and receptions.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms near the elevators.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Michelle D, Guest Relations Manager at The Alexander, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
DeQi,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of The Alexander on Trip Advisor. We will share your comments with our staff members. The Market Table breakfast is a great addition to our hotel. You can get any type of egg or omelette made to order right in front of you!

I do apologize about the noise you experienced near the elevator. In the future, we can always ensure your room is further down the hall. Please feel free to contact us directly if you have any further questions or comments. We look forward to seeing you back for a future visit.

Guest Services Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Indiana
Reviewed April 30, 2013

This was a weekend getaway. This spacious hotel offers clean, modern and roomy accomodations but you'll pay a premimum. However, I felt the money was well spent and my modest gesture to downtown development. The room had modern media connectors like wi-fi, HDMI, etc, Ipod/Iphone dock and etc. There was a nice desk, lounge chair and footstool. The bathroom was roomy but the shower pressue was low. There were just enough towels and robes. The valet service is nearly $30 dollars but I had no worries about my vehicle's safety. There's a nice bar and lounge on the main level. There you'll find artful drinks and food. The only part I didn't feel I got my money's worth was the room service breakfast of eggwhite omelet and veggie quiche. The omelet had tired spinach and was bland overall. The quiche was not freshly made. However, the red potatoes were made with care. No English muffin as I ordered and no explanation and no prior approval asked from me about the substitute which I think were frozen bagels thawed in hurried fashion -- yuck. Still, overall we enjoyed the modern atmosphere and relatively friendly service. We also enjoyed walking to eateries and bars downtown. This place could make it and distinguish itself by doing a few things, but doing them exceptional well. For example, I think they may have overreached on the multiple item in-room dining menu. There's also snack items in the room but at a charge. Just provide a few snacks and for free. You'll get your $5.25 back and more in the stories people will have about the feebies. In summary, the Alexander is off to a good start just find your stride.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Samurai Sandels,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your comments. We do apologize for the experience you had with In Room Dining. I can assure you this is not typical and I have passed along your comments to ensure we resolve any opportunities we have.

We are glad that you enjoyed the modern atmosphere and room decor. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed April 30, 2013

My husband and I went here for Business Trip..The staff were the friendlist and most helpful people we ever experienced..Cleanliness, hospitality and service are of the highest concern here and it shows..Also delicious breakfast... Wonderful location.. Big Thank you.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank NesliIstanbul_Turkey
Neslilstanbul,

Your Welcome! It is always a pleasure to read such glowing reviews about the hotel and our staff. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

This will be the only hotel we stay at in Indy
from now on bc it is absolutely perfect !!!!

It is beautifully decorated , the beds are heavenly ,
the staff is amazingly friendly and helpful ... the
lobby is gorgeous and inviting ...

The restaurant bar downstairs ( Cerulean) is so cool
and the bartender there ,Greg ,
is very talented and very knowledgable .
Along with his recommendations on our drinks we ordered
his highly recommended brussel sprouts as a snack ...
and now we can't stop thinking about them - no kidding ;)

So , great stay , great food , great drinks - great time :)

Room Tip: Walls are a little thin ... so recommend rooms away from the elevator ;)
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JoyfulGirl25
JoyfulGirl25,

It was great to read your review on Trip Advisor! We always enjoy hearing about our guests experiences. We will be sure to pass along your comments to Greg in Cerulean. The brussel sprouts are amazing! Thank you so much for your comments. We look forward to serving you again for your next visit to Indy.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I almost don't want to write a review for this place out of fear that everyone will discover this amazing hotel and it will be harder for me to get a room! LoL
This hotel is brand new! Very modern! Walk in shower! Comfy queen beds not tiny doubles! And the staff was over the top helpful to us and did whatever we requested!
If I had to pick any negative it would be that the walls were thin and it could be noisey. But I'm a light sleeper so it might not bother everyone.
The bar looked fun we did not go in because we had children. The lobby looked amazing!!!!! The decor was beautiful! I requested info on the furniture it was so nice!!
I'm pretty picky about hotels. So trust me this one is good!!!
They could use a little snack food store, snacks in the room were not good. But it's new perhaps the store is in the works :)

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Jen1201
Michelle D, Guest Relations Manager at The Alexander, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Jen1201,

We are glad you found us! Thank you so much for your 5 star review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience and our staff was so accommodating for you. We are proud to be partnered with the Indianapolis Museum of Art and the beautiful furniture in the lobby, both help to create the atmosphere you spoke of. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again.

Bloomington, IN
Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

The rooms are clean and pretty comfortable. I didn't care for the shower with no door. The location was good for attending something at banker's life but other than that I didn't care for the location. Many of the other Indy hotels are very close to bars and restauraunts, and even connected by catwalk to the mall. There isn't anything right next to the hotel and it was a dark walk back from banker's life. We had breakfast at the market place which was included with our room rate. It was an odd experience. Everyone working there was friendly but the food was cold and the organization was confusing. We had some issues with our meal so they comped the meal, but with it being included I didn't feel compensated and the desk discounted our room rate so I was appreciative and satisfied. This hotel is ok, I might consider it if I was attending another banker's life field house event, but I probably won't be back. I didn't experience the bar but I looked really neat and the patio looked very tempting.

• Stayed April 2013
jilltruely,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your comments. I was glad to see that you enjoyed your experience with the staff. We do apologize for the experience you had in our restuarant. I will pass along your comments to ensure we resolve any opportunities we have.
We are currently in the process of adding a door to our each of our showers, so thank you so much for your suggestion. It reassures us that we are doing the right thing! The City Way neighborhood is still expanding. There are many great new places that are on the way, so for your next event at Banker's Life, come check us out again. Thank you for staying with us.

Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed April 17, 2013

My company recently had it's annual conference here and I could not be more pleased. The accomodations were way above and beyond and the service was unbelieveable. Just when I thought I had seen it all, lunch was served. All in all, a wonderful culinary experiance. Most conferences get to be dull and boring at some point, but not here. I continued to be overwhelmed by the curated art collection all over the hotel and the fact that I was greeted with a warm, genuine smile and "Hello" by every employee that I ran across. The Alexander is the new gold standard of hospitality and architecture in Indy!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Michael V, Guest Relations Manager at The Alexander, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
Bill C,

It was great to read your review on Trip Advisor! We are so happy your company selected The Alexander for your annual conference and it was great to hear the event was a big success and the staff went above and beyond. Our team of culinary experts do an amazing job of proving thoughtful foods for thoughtful minds. As you had mentioned the IMA curated art collection through out the hotel. What we are most proud of is receiving reviews such as yours to share with our staff. This keeps it exciting for us, knowing we are making a difference.

It would be are priviledge to serve you again when your travels bring you back to the city!

Warmest Regards,