“Unique + Approachable”

Punch Burger
Ranked #90 of 2,384 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: American
Reviewed November 28, 2012

I happened upon Punch last weekend while attending an event next door at Chef Joseph's at the Connoisseur Room. I had the turkey burger on a pretzel bun with cheddar, pico de gallo, and guacamole. It was great! I'd like to go back to make another creation from the awesome chalkboard wall and order the sweet potato tots. Can't wait to go back!

1  Thank breezyg03
There are newer reviews for Punch Burger

Reviewed November 12, 2012

My wife and I recently visited Punch Burger and found this isn't your normal burger joint. The atmosphere is vibrant with hand painted artwork on the wall. There is table seating as well as seats at the bar which are quite comfortable. The staff are very cool, friendly, and extremely enthusiastic about the food they serve. They have a variety of specialty burgers on the menu. I tried the Thai burger which was an interesting and delicious combo of sweet chili sauce, bermuda onion, asian wasabi slaw, and peanut butter. Yes, peanut butter! To go with it, I had a side of sweet potato tots which were far superior to regular tater tots. However, the highlight of this visit was the beer selection. They offer a number of locally brewed beers in addition to the names you know. I had the Flat 12 Porter which was absolutely outstanding - one of the best that I have ever tasted. I am a Guiness drinker and the Flat 12 matches up! I hate to admit it, but I think it might actually be better! The prices are very reasonable, and they were open until 10:00, which I really appreciated because I got into town later than expected. Whether you are looking for munchies after a Colts game or out on a casual date, I highly recommend Punch Burger!

2  Thank AtlantaDrummer
Reviewed October 21, 2012

There are other burger spots downtown in our hometown --- two I could name within blocks of here, but Punch Burger is really unique in a number of ways --- price for a big one. The burgers use local beef or turkey (or you can opt for the portabella mushroom vegetarian option should you wish). The choice of toppings, sides, combinations and more is nearly endless and fills a wall-sized blackboard. And the owner (whom I have spoken with as he's often at the front counter) says it's his goal to get his customers in an out with a price point of under $8 for a burger, fries and a soft drink. I would say he's succeeded. Punch is under a month old and we have already been by for lunch three times and found that the food was first-rate as is the huge staff of mostly young, happy people. This comes as no shock as the owner is a familiar face to we residents downtown because he has another downtown (franchise not local) restaurant and is well-known locally for being very exacting about how his crew acts and how food comes out.
The three of us who dined at Punch Burger last week all picked different menu items and all came away smiling. One did (quoting the ingredients from the menu here as my old memory is not 100%) the Aloha – Black Forest ham, grilled pineapple, Swiss cheese, teriyaki glaze, while another did the Punch Cheeseburger – lettuce, tomato, pickle, onion, ketchup, mayo plus American cheese and I did a build-your-own with no cheese but with some crispy bacon as an add-on with my mayo, lettuce, tomato and onion. Two of us did the waffle fries (delicious but wish they'd cooked 'em a bit crisper) while the third loved his sweet tater tots. Bill for the whole shebang came in under $25 and the beef was far, far superior to what I have had elsewhere plus the buns ran rings around most others, especially partner Ivan's pretzel roll which was the best and on our list for next time!
If you are visiting our hometown's downtown I'd for sure say go and try it yourself because it's definitely not one of those places you will want to pass by without stopping. They also have Indiana craft beers, wines and desserts, are open till 10 and on Sundays --- which is unusual as too much of downtown takes Sunday off limiting choices a LOT except when the Colts are playing. I am told delivery is to come (the owner's other place does deliver using guys on bicycles).

1  Thank lilamadison