“fresh in the middle of the country”
Review of Ocean Prime

Ocean Prime
Reserve with OpenTable
Ocean Prime is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #51 of 2,394 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: River Crossing Blvd., & 86th Street
Description: OCEAN PRIME is a modern American restaurant and lounge from renowned restaurateur Cameron Mitchell. Recognized by Indianapolis Monthly, Indy Star and Town & Country magazine, OCEAN PRIME Indianapolis delivers an extraordinary experience to guests. Located in the Keystone Crossing Corridor just east of the Fashion Mall, it’s the perfect choice for cocktails or an indulgent dinner, any day of the week. Stunning settings and a vibrant energy, an impressive menu of seafood and prime cuts of steak, signature cocktails, a Wine Spectator-honored wine list and truly genuine hospitality make OCEAN PRIME Indianapolis an ideal place to socialize, talk business, celebrate and indulge.
Reviewed June 6, 2013

They fly the fish in daily. I've lived in Baltimore so I know what fresh fish taste like and the tuna was DELISH! i think it an up scale place with a laid back vibe.

Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

Loved the look of the place but the food was terrible! All 7 of us complained and had to keep getting up to look for our waiter? Steak was tuff and no flavor...2 of my co workers asked if they could get a refund...

Reviewed May 17, 2013

We drove by this restaurant on the way to our hotel. When I checked online, I saw they had a Thursday dinner special AND it was a Cameron Mitchell restaurant. So we decided to splurge. What a great decision. We sat in the bar and had an awesome meal. I got the $40 special which included a salad, choice of limited entree and dessert. My beef tournedos were buttery, the salad was fresh and delicious. My husband opted for the sea bass special which he proclaimed was the most generous portion and best tasting sea bass he had ever had. Service was attentive. It turned into a very special meal. It is a beautiful place inside - many different "environments". It is worth a trip. We spent about $120, with drinks and a tip.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

What makes a great restaraunt is a great atmosphere and Ocean Prime is both. For dinner me and my husband had the house salad which was very fresh, crisp and cold, the 6 oz was prepared medium perfectly with just the right seasoning, the blackened snapper was very well prepared but the best was the mash potatoes w/ jalapeno corn tartar. For desert we had the sorbet and the 5 layer carrot cake that was simply the best, nice a moist and the pineapple sauce was a great touch. You have to top dessert off with a pot of french press coffee, simply heavenly. It was a great meal from start to finish and the service was very attentive but not overwhelming, very impressive.

Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

I went there with business associates. 2 of us love French Onion soup. The French Onion soup is supposed to be the best in Indianapolis. While i thought is was better than most, we all agreed that it needed more salt. Otherwise, it was very good. We all had seafood and it seemed fresh and was properly cooked. This not a place to go if you are on a limited budget. I will go back.