“Reasonably good Seafood near Keystone Mall.”
Review of Ocean Prime

Ocean Prime
Reserve with OpenTable
Ocean Prime is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #51 of 2,379 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: River Crossing Blvd., & 86th Street
Description: OCEAN PRIME is a modern American restaurant and lounge from renowned restaurateur Cameron Mitchell. Recognized by Indianapolis Monthly, Indy Star and Town & Country magazine, OCEAN PRIME Indianapolis delivers an extraordinary experience to guests. Located in the Keystone Crossing Corridor just east of the Fashion Mall, it’s the perfect choice for cocktails or an indulgent dinner, any day of the week. Stunning settings and a vibrant energy, an impressive menu of seafood and prime cuts of steak, signature cocktails, a Wine Spectator-honored wine list and truly genuine hospitality make OCEAN PRIME Indianapolis an ideal place to socialize, talk business, celebrate and indulge.
Midwest
“Reasonably good Seafood near Keystone Mall.”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Attended a business meeting here. In the Prime room behind slilding glass doors- hopefully was sound proof and did not disturb the other patrons. For appetizers- had sweet chili calamari, crab cake and goat cheese ravioli. Main course- ginger salmon. dessert- carrot cake. Pro's- fresh sea food; con- missing... salt? The crab cake was good, but the taste would have been enhanced by a tinge more salt. Same with the Salmon. So the food tasted a little more flatter due to the missing ingredient. There was a thin 'bread crumbs like dry crust' on top of the salmon which may have had the ginger, but I did not taste the ginger at all! Mashed potatoes as a side were good. Carrot cake- OK- very sweet with lots of creamy frosting. Overall - reasonably good food. Easy accessibility - near Keystone shopping Mall, off 86th. May be good option for heart patients... seafood with less salt!

• Visited January 2013
OceanPrime, Guest Relations Manager at Ocean Prime, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Dear OscarWilde,
Thank you for your review of Ocean Prime. While we are pleased you enjoyed your overall experience, we apologize the dishes were under seasoned and the carrot cake was underwhelming. We will be sure to share this feedback with our team. We would like to follow up with you if you would be so kind as to email us at info@cameronmitchell.com

Thanks again.

Cameron Mitchell Restaurants

• Korean first
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Um...maybe the steaks are Better”
Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I dine quite fabulously and often. We hadn't made it to Ocean Prime yet so I decided to take him there for his birthday. I'm SO thrilled he was impressed with his entree because I was not with mine. Let's start with the positives.
1. My grapefruit pear drink was divine. His wine was good too.
2. Great calimari but the crabcake was actually too lumpy and the sauce that adorned it was too much and took away from the tasty relish.
3. He had the snapper and it was delicious!
4. I thought it was very nice (and delicious) that he got to pick a dessert on the house. The carrot cake is very good!
5. The jalapeno au gratin potatoes were to die for!

Some negatives and why I'm disappointed.

I thought "ocean prime" would mean prime seafood. Now I dine at some very fine restaurants and I LOVE salmon. This salmon was prepared quit oddly. There were panko crumbs baked on top of it! For what??? It was supposed to have a ginger flavor (according to the menu). NO ginger flavor! The panko added nothing to that beautiful piece of fish. It minimized the flavor of the fish! This was a huge turnoff. I will give the restaurant another chance but it will be with a turf option.

OceanPrime, Guest Relations Manager at Ocean Prime, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear DivaLadyJ_28,
Thank you for your review of Ocean Prime. While we are pleased you enjoyed most of your experience with us, we are so sorry to have disappointed you with the crab cake and our salmon dish. Our guest feedback is very important to us and we would certainly appreciate the opportunity to follow up with you personally if you would please be so kind as to email us at info@cameronmitchell.com
Thank you again for your review.

Cameron Mitchell Restaurants
Fishers, Indiana, United States
“Great Steakhouse”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

This place is one of many steakhouses on the north side/keystone area. Everything was wonderful albeit the prices. Cesar salad was great, steaks were both cooked well and our sides were equally wonderful (try the house potatoes)! The waiter stumbled a bit when I asked for a beer list but later provided a hand written list for me to reference. My special lady friend ordered the Black Orchid martini which was amazing but at 13 dollars a pop the tab will climb quickly. Desert menu was fair at best so run across the parking lot and go to the cheesecake factory.

• Visited January 2013
Oslo, Norway
“just OK”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I was dissapointed when our party of 5 were placed in the very back of the restaurant. It was cold and we had to tell the waitress, who´s name was "Mona Lisa", to put on the heat 5 times until something happened. Staff were in my opinion a bit shabby uniformed, and their lack of knowledge on food and wine did not impress me (waitress could not tell us where the salmon was from and did not try to find out).The restaurant got something good going what goes for their food. The meal was good. On the other hand our table placement, the inattentive service and overall ambiance made this visit no more special than a trip to any chain restaurant, but with a bigger bill at the end of the meal.

Not to scare off any travellers the restaurant has a bar as well. This is located on your left hand side when entering Ocean Prime. There is a piano with live music, staff here was much better. The bartender even made the Vesper Martini properly (even though the drink itself has a questionable taste in my opinion).

• Visited November 2012
OceanPrime, Guest Relations Manager at Ocean Prime, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
Dear CRNorway,
Thank you for your review. We apologize we did not provide the extraordinary service we expect and strive for at Ocean Prime. Furthermore, we are so sorry the ambiance and atmosphere did not allow for an enjoyable dining experience. We would really appreciate the opportunity to apologize personally if you would please email us at info@cameronmitchell.com
Again, thank you for your review. We hope to connect with you soon.

Ohio
“Superior restaurant - a must if visiting Indianapolis”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Service was superior, french onion soup is wonderful, shrimp was great, salmon was outstanding. I cannot say enough about this restaurant - it was a "by accident" recommendation from a salesperson at Norstrom's - we were all glad we took her advise and ate there - our party of 6 had only great comments about this restaurant

Visited December 2012