“A great restaurant”

Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Indianapolis
Description: Bluebeard is a restaurant and bar located in the historic Holy Rosary Neighborhood on the southeast edge of downtown Indianapolis. Abbi Merriss has joined up with longtime friends Tom and Eddie Battista to create a unique food-focused experience. The menu offers contemporary American cuisine featuring the best local produce and meat our farms have to offer. The space, a renovated 1924 factory warehouse, features a family dining room, a bar room, a private dining room, an upstairs event space, and a courtyard. Our menu varies daily – inspired by the freshest and finest ingredients. We believe food is meant for sharing, and these are the local farmers who have shared their ingredients with us: Big City Farms, Butler Campus Farms, Crossroad Vintners, FarmIndy, Fischer Farm, Full Hand Farm, Growing Places Indy, Gunthorp Farms, Harvestland, Josh Horrigan, Smoking Goose Meatery, South Circle Farm, Traders Point Creamery, and Viking Lamb.
Reviewed November 20, 2017

I came to this restaurant with my husband for our anniversary dinner. We got there early in the evening and the host and our waiter were very friendly. I could tell that they liked their job and it reflected in their service. Also, I had gotten a card for my husband to celebrate the occasion. We then accidentally left it there, when I called later that night they had noticed the card and kept it safe for us until we could come and get it the next day. Very nice staff and restaurant, I will be back. Make sure you try the desserts they are amazing.

Date of visit: October 2017
1  Thank Abby H
Kimberley W, Manager at Bluebeard, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2017

Abby,
Thanks for celebrating your anniversary with us! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your experience and look forward to your return.

Write a reviewReviews (404)

Reviewed October 14, 2017

Friendly, helpful waiters led me to make some great food and drink choices:

For an appetizer: Kumamoto oysters that were smaller than expected, but succulently sweet!!
For Dinner: The tasty Salmon dish with a side orders of delicious spaghetti, (significant size)!!
For drinks: 2 Holy Rosarys: Delicious drinks with amaretto that tasted like melted orange sherbert!!!
For Desert: A delicious Vanilla Chess Pie, (that I had never tried before but hit the spot!!)

Sat at the bar, very casual atmosphere and they were playing a tribute to Tom Petty!!
Thanks for that and the wonderful, friendly service you men showed me. Felt welcomed!! Never change!!!

Date of visit: October 2017
Kimberley W, Manager at Bluebeard, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2017

Norma,
Thanks for visiting and writing a review. Our motto is "small world, big family" and are happy that you felt part of the gang. We are so happy that you enjoyed your experience at the bar and look forward to your return.

Reviewed October 11, 2017

We rolled into Indianapolis in the evening, and I always like to find a good local restaurant as opposed to a chain restaurant. Through the wonderful reviews on TripAdvisor I found this place. I am so glad that we went to Bluebeard. It was a great experience with unique styles of food. I was two months ago when I was here and honestly I cannot remember exactly what I ate we went the appetizer route. The cheeses and dips for the bread were very good. The neighborhood is great to walk around in and check out the other establishments. There is a craft taproom next door. Check them both out!

Date of visit: July 2017
1  Thank lbaker9

Thanks for visiting a local joint when you came into town and for exploring our beloved Fletcher Place and for taing time out of your day to write a review. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed September 29, 2017

No reservations accepted but if you eat during the week I expect very short wait.
Menu changes occasionally but the choices are always varied including both meat and fish. I believe you can order vegetarian but not sure.
The salads are quite good. Our group experienced both chopped salad and Caesar.
Good wine list and even if you turn your nose up at Beaujolais you might want to check out their list. Good options with reasonable price. The bread basket is extraordinary. I also recommend the halibut and salmon.

Date of visit: September 2017

Thanks for dining with us and for taking time out of your day to write a review. We love when our guests share! Our menu changes twice a day, every day, but we will always have something for our vegetarian and gluten free guests. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed September 29, 2017 via mobile

As quite a few eateries in Fountain Square close Monday, the Food gods had us in their graces when we noticed Bluebeard's was open. From the outside esting area, into the quaint "family area and into the (natural brick) bar (where they sat us), I was like "Oh Wow Robert, this place is awesome"! Everything on the menu is absolutely incredible. Some may find it a little pricey, but believe me, dollar for dollar, you will not find a better place to enjoy a fabulous dinner The Beet Salad was the best I've had, to date. And I've had many! :) if you're within 25 miles of Indianapolis, (And Hungry) you would be gravely mistaken not to check this place out. I'll DEFINITELY be back!!!
YUMBO, for SURE!!!!

Date of visit: September 2017

Thanks, Michael and Robert! The beet salad is a staple on our menu even though our menu has a cast of characters that change on a daily basis. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your experience and look forward to your return.