“Just... Excellent...”

Ranked #19 of 2,358 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Bluebeard is a restaurant and bar located in the historic Holy Rosary Neighborhood on the southeast edge of downtown Indianapolis. Abbi Merriss has joined up with longtime friends Tom and Eddie Battista to create a unique food-focused experience. The menu offers contemporary American cuisine featuring the best local produce and meat our farms have to offer. The space, a renovated 1924 factory warehouse, features a family dining room, a bar room, a private dining room and a courtyard. Our menu varies daily – inspired by the freshest and finest ingredients. We believe food is meant for sharing, and these are the local farmers who have shared their ingredients with us: Big City Farms, Butler Campus Farms, Crossroad Vintners, FarmIndy, Fischer Farm, Full Hand Farm, Growing Places Indy, Gunthorp Farms, Harvestland, Josh Horrigan, Smoking Goose Meatery, South Circle Farm, Traders Point Creamery, and Viking Lamb.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Just... Excellent...”
Reviewed January 27, 2014

I travel all over North America for work so when I say this is in my top 5 restaurants list, you should just trust me, it's awesome. Fresh local ingredients, bold flavors, a new menu every week, amazing cocktails. It's just awesome. If you come to Indianapolis and don't try this place out, you've made a terrible mistake. Just do what I do. Show up with some friends and order one of everything. Then eat family style.

Visited December 2013

Indianapolis, Indiana
“Trendy”
Reviewed January 22, 2014

This is a small trendy upscale laid back place. The staff is a bit pretentious. The first time I went there the service and food was amazingly out of this world. The wait staff was knew the menu very well and was very helpful. The next time I went, the staff was stand-offish and not very familiar with the menu. This second time, the food was ok but not amazing. It was 2 very different experiences.
The drink menu is varied and interesting. Some of the food is very overpriced and not worth it. Some of the food is appropriately priced.
This second time, I went because they are participating in Devour Downtown. If you are in Indy, check to see if it is one of the Devour Downtown weeks ( Check the website)

North Central Indiana
“Busy even on a Monday night!”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

After reading about this restaurant on TA as well as the local press, we decided to try it. We walked in at 630 PM on a Monday evening and it was filling up. Hence we thought it should be good. We were not disappointed. The quality of the food was very good. We had the Taste of Indy menu which included a very delicious potoato soup or an andive salad. Both were excellent. I had the BBQ riblets and my spouse had the rigatoni. The only she had with it is she wished there would have been a bigger portion. For dessert we had the irish chocolate cake. We were very satisfied and will be back. There is outdoor seating, however, we visited in January. We look forward to returning to this trendy place during warmer weather and sitting outside. I do recommend this place, but don't be in a hurry. The service can be slow since this is such a popular and trendy restaurant.

Chicago, Illinois
“Best in Town”
Reviewed January 17, 2014

As a foodie and a Chicagoan.....I've had trouble finding a non chain restaurant in Indianapolis that lives up to my high standards. Where have you been Bluebeard. I want to pick you up and move you right to Wicker Park back home. But Indy shouldn't be without you. Fun space...great staff (Noah...you sure made an out of towner feel right at home) and amazing food. I'm still talking to my friends about the best Foie Gras preparation I've had in ages and they keep saying "you drive 3 hours to get it"! Only gripe....no reservations. I guess go early...or late. Or eat at the bar. Just go!

Visited January 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Fantastic!!!”
Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

Not to be missed, definetly worth the short trip from downtown to this Fletcher Place neighborhood restaurant. Five stars all the way around!