“The Bacon Flight is not their only specialty”

The Libertine Liquor Bar
Ranked #272 of 2,426 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Pennsylvania Street
Transit: Public Transportation stops are conveniently located directly in front of our building on Washington Street.
Description: Http://www.libertineindy.com/
Reviewed August 13, 2014

The Libertine and their famous Bacon Flight were recommended to us by the VRBO hosts we were staying with. We had an amazing experience with our mixologist, Michael. I say experience because that it what it truly was. During our first visit, we sat at the bar and Michael immediately introduced himself. He explained the food menu in detail, his favorites and the most popular, and then ... we got down to the business of cocktails! If you're expecting to pop in for a routine, run of the mill, quick beer or standard bar fare, guess again. We had already discovered that Indianapolis and the Fountain Square area are famous for creating unique and special cocktails so we asked Michael about his specialties. Order the "Lil birdy tweet", named after a former, obviously very special girlfriend. You'll love it. The "Pink Lady" was terrific. He created a few unique-to-us drinks based on our preferences for alcohol, sweet vs sour, fruity vs bold. The garnishes and finishes were beautiful and only added to the experience. Watching a true mixologist create something unique and visually beautiful is truly a sight to see.

In addition to the Bacon Flight (3 types of locally raised meat/bacon with 3 dipping sauces), we had the "Warm Ricotta Soppit" based on Michael's recommendation. We thoroughly enjoyed both.

One thing to know about Indiana is that bars are for 21 and over. Our kids wanted the famous Bacon Flight after our lengthy description. We just returned from our 2nd visit to Indianapolis and unfortunately since the Libertine is a bar, the kids could not go in. But we will definitely return!

Reviewed August 10, 2014

I originally wanted to stop by for dinner based on some of the reviews. Instead I stopped by for a specialty beverage. Not your typical gin mill. You need to find your creative bone to navigate through their endless concoctions. Most of the craft liquor is not what you'd find at your local store, let alone tavern. I started with some type of gin cocktail which was quite bitter, but very good. I then switched to a dirty martini which was OK, but not great. The type of gin used does make a different. The ambiance in this establishment is nice. The bar is quite long leaving little room for people dining at the tables behind. The bartenders are very attentive and quite busy. Overall I'm glad I went.

Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

We stumbled up one this gem. Great service and our bartender was awesome to watch. I had a cucumber mint cocktail and my husband an old fashioned. This is not a Miller Lite or Absolute kind of place. Liquors are from small batched distilleries. Strong and tasty! Definitely fun find!

Reviewed August 3, 2014

I did not eat here - this is a place for drinking. They make cocktails here and these are incredible. There are many incredibly complex recipes and the bartenders make them like total experts - fun to watch. Great place to start an evening... Great decor (one long bar!)

Reviewed August 1, 2014

This bar is located downtown. We were out and about just running into various places and having drinks. I was very impressed with how different this bar was compared to others. The server knew what he was talking about and recommended a carrot and ginger mixed drink that is probably on my top 10 drinks I have ever had. I wish I could remember what it was called. It was truly delicious. I tell friends about this place all the time. If you like unique drinks and an educated staff this is a place you must visit!!

3  Thank Victoria S