“Fun place and great bar tending”

The Libertine Liquor Bar
Ranked #230 of 2,365 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Pennsylvania Street
Transit: Public Transportation stops are conveniently located directly in front of our building on Washington Street.
Description: Http://www.libertineindy.com/
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Fun place and great bar tending”
Reviewed August 3, 2014

I did not eat here - this is a place for drinking. They make cocktails here and these are incredible. There are many incredibly complex recipes and the bartenders make them like total experts - fun to watch. Great place to start an evening... Great decor (one long bar!)

• Visited August 2014

Georgia
“Probably one of my favorite bars”
Reviewed August 1, 2014

This bar is located downtown. We were out and about just running into various places and having drinks. I was very impressed with how different this bar was compared to others. The server knew what he was talking about and recommended a carrot and ginger mixed drink that is probably on my top 10 drinks I have ever had. I wish I could remember what it was called. It was truly delicious. I tell friends about this place all the time. If you like unique drinks and an educated staff this is a place you must visit!!

• Visited February 2014
3 Thank Victoria S
Denver, Colorado
“Nice place: Great Service, Cocktail atmosphere, Delicious and Inventive foods, Even a few gluten and diary free options”
Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

The atmosphere is great and a swanky place to get crafty cocktails. My friend and I didn't drink so I can't attest to their awesomeness, but the cocktail list was several pages and most looked yummy.

Our server, Benjamin was great! Very knowledgable and helpful in suggestions and identifying was I could eat, being gluten, egg and dairy free. I did have a few different options, including the very delicious Bacon Flight and the oysters. The bacon flight seemed very popular and had 3 types: Lamb, Jowl and goose smoked bacon, which was more of a brand name regular bacon than actual goose bacon, as some reviewer have misinterpreted. The bacon was great and the sauces they were served with were tasty, particularly the applesauce and thyme dip (which I licked the bowl for the last drop)! I also had oysters which (normally being closer to a coast) were extremely over priced. I had 6 small Washington state oysters and it cost $28.00, needless to say I had a bit of sticker shock when the bill came out. But I have to remember that there is a cost to serving a coastal item, so very inland... The oysters were good, not fishy, so they tasted relatively fresh, and the mignonette was superb. The Beef cheeks looked delicious and I was told they were phenomenal.

We did have to swat at fruit flies around our table and food, which was a bit unappetizing, but having worked in a bar, they are hard to get rid of in the summer months with all the sugary cocktail mixes around.

Overall, great service, nice atmosphere, a bit over-priced on some items, but wonderful food. Very creative dishes!

• Visited July 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“This place rocks! It's a must if you're in Indianapolis.”
Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

What a great bar, knowledgeable staff and amazing drinks. It's so different than any other bar I've visited. We ate a couple of fantastic appetizers, but went for the drinks. It will not disappoint.

• Visited July 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
“Great Bar”
Reviewed July 15, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Can't comment on the food, but the bar was outstanding. Service was A+. Variety of liquors with some new brands was excellent. Just happened to stop in and went back twice.

Visited May 2014