Segway Tours of Indianapolis
Ranked #2 of 23 Tours in Indianapolis
Reviewed October 10, 2013

We went on a Tuesday evening which was great - no crowds or other huge activities. The weather was perfect and the machines are super easy and intuitive and fun to ride. The guide and staff were friendly and helpful and hospitable. We had some trouble hearing our guide because you have to ride in single file and, since she was in front, the only person who could hear her even a little was whoever was right behind her. She often had to really shout to be heard at all so that's kind of a disappointment if you are interested in hearing about the different sights on the tour. Also, we wished that there was more information about the buildings and areas and local history. What they told us was good and interesting, but there wasn't as much as we would have liked. Also, the gate to the zoo was closed so we didn't get to do that part of it and that was disappointing. I agree with another reviewer who said that they should know what's going on in the area a little more. Like others, we also finished in just over an hour instead of the 1 1/2 hours we paid for so I think for the price that we should have had some time to play around on the machines. Overall we had a great time and really enjoyed it - these few details would have put it on top.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

Fun way to see a quite lovely city. This is our third Segway tour (different cities) and this city is truly gorgeous. Our guide was Jordan and she was great. She recommended the restaurant "45 degrees" and the IRP ( Rep. theatre) - both were wonderful! She also told us about Mass. Ave. and the shop "Silver in the City"--- thanks, Jordan! We had another very nice experience on a Segway tour! Don't be afraid to tip your guide at the end!

Reviewed October 9, 2013

This was fun and very enjoyable! We rented Segways for our family (no children) along the White River Canal in downtown Indianapolis for a 1 1/2 hour tour. We were given safety instructions and time to practice before we set out. It was a pleasant day, which made it perfect. The scenery along the canal is nice and varied. We went all the way to the zoo on the west end and saw the 911 Memorial on the other. Our guide pointed out spots of interest along the way and answered questions. The cost was reasonable. $45.00 each. There were food, restrooms and other facilities in the information center next door. I would do this again!

Reviewed September 29, 2013

While overall we had a great experience, I would like to warn that what you do isn't exactly what is advertised on the website. First of all, they seemed astounded that anything else was going on in Downtown Indy on a Saturday morning, despite there obviously be large groups of people everywhere in the area just looking around. I work downtown and we get a weekly listing of all events going on and how it can affect traffic. The Segway folks seemed surprised and told us there was no way they could have known of other events going on. I'd think if this was your business, you'd make an effort to see how local happenings could affect it. So we spent the beginning of the tour just traveling around in circles on IUPUI while our guide tried calling various people to decide what to do.

As a result, we didn't get across to the White River area at all. One of my goals had been to see the zoo (as advertised) and he said they don't do that any more anyway. While I don't blame the guide (he was obviously winging it as best as he could), it seemed like we were in areas not really designed for Segways or all that safe for them. We then went down to the canal where it was obvious we were stalling and just trying to use up time since we couldn't do much of the tour.

Finally, he brought us back 10 minutes early. When we're paying $100 for two people to do the tour, I found this frustrating (they could have just let us have fun on them like we did at the beginning when we were learning) and was told "on weekends we need more time to get them ready for the next group". If it says a 1.5 hour tour, it really should be, particularly when much of ours was standing around.

The Segways themselves were a lot of fun. We've done this in Chicago several years ago and found these to be easier and more intuitive to use than the older models. There were 4 other couples in our group, most in their 40's-60's I would guess and everyone picked it up easily.

My best advice would be to not do this on a weekend if at all possible to avoid the large crowds and activities going on then. Plus with more people in the group, it's harder to all get close enough to hear the guide or even keep up with him at times.

Overall for the price, it was a good experience and fun to do but I definitely wouldn't do it again on a Saturday.

3  Thank marciemi
Reviewed September 9, 2013

My boyfriend and I have always wanted to go on a segway because, well let's just face it they look awesome! We were really excited to go and the experience was amazing. The segways are very easing to operate. I was doing 360's and turns like a pro very quickly. The tour guides were very friendly and funny. We went at 6pm and that was the perfect time. We got to see the sunset and it was nice an cool out. We were the only two in our group so that was even more fun. If you are going to Indy I highly recommend going the tour is amazing along with some amazing scenery! Did I mention it was amazing??