“Rooms and bedding need updating!!!”

Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Downtown
Ranked #18 of 182 Hotels in Indianapolis
Dallas, Texas
“Rooms and bedding need updating!!!”
Reviewed January 13, 2011

The hotel is old but nice. Nothing special. My bedding had holes in the sheets and they appeared to be very worn out and stained. i expect more than this from a hilton. THey had a card to buy Hilton Bedding from the Corporate office. Perhaps they should take some advice and buy new for rooms. The edges of the carpeting and in the corners need some serious TLC. Being old shouldnt mean being dirty.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
HGI-IndyDowntown, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this review, January 27, 2011
Thank you for your review. I have directed your comments to our Executive Housekeeper to investigate our sheets. I would like to direct your comments regarding the carpet to our Maintenance department also but need some more information from you. Could you please write to inddh-salesadm@hilton.com to let us know which room you stayed in so we can take a look? I also want to make sure you have the correct hotel as you mentioned we have cards in the room to buy Hilton bedding. Our guest rooms do not have these cards. If you have accidentally posted this review to our hotel instead of another, I can forward your review to that hotel to alert them of your comments. Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed January 11, 2011

We have stayed in many Hilton Garden Inns and have enjoyed every one but this hotel was completely different. It is an older building that has been converted to a hotel and upon check in, we were completely happy with the suite that we had overlooking Downtown Indy. We left to go to dinner and a musical and when we came back, we were immediately hit with an overwhelming smoke smell in both rooms of the suite. It seemed stronger in the living room so we had to close the door to the bedroom and were unable to use it while our kids slept, which was the whole point of getting a suite. I called the front desk finally and was told that the floor below ours is a smoking floor and the smoke was coming up through the ventilation system. No room changes were offered, just an explanation. The next morning, my husband called the front desk and after talking to several people, we were only given a $50 deduction off the price of the suite. Instead of staying and swimming and working out, we packed up our things and left as quickly as we could. We were very disappointed with the hotel, the appeasement of management and the visit as a whole. As much as we are in Indy, we will never stay at this hotel again. As a pediatrician, my husband knows the risks of secondhand smoke and as a parent of a child with environmental allergies, we are well aware of the dangers that we slept in that night. I would not have put the smoking floors below the non smoking floors! Bad planning. On top of that, the breakfast buffet was terrible.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank u2nut
Thank you for writing. As I understand, the General Manager has been in touch with you in regards to the inconveniences you experienced while here. Again, I would like to apologize for the way the situation was handled. I hope you will give us another try for the future.
Kentucky
Reviewed January 3, 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn (downtown) the evening of Jan 1, 2011 prior to watching the Indianapolis Colts. We normally stay at the Hampton Inn (downtown) but the Hilton Garden Inn was much cheaper. I was very impressed by the service, complimentary breakfast (honor members) and the pleasant attitude of the staff. The room was on the 5th floor with a king size bed that was perfect for us. The bathroom was topnotch and was very comparable to the Conrad Hilton in Indianapolis. Overall it was a great stay and we intend to stay there again this coming weekend for the Colt's Playoff Game! Self Park was $9.00 and totally convenient (across the street) and in a covered garage.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dbp05ret
HGI-IndyDowntown, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this review, January 4, 2011
Thank you for your review! We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. How about that game?! Let's hope the Colts have another victory this Saturday. We'll see you then!
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed December 11, 2010

My wife and I stayed here for a company Christmas party downtown. This hotel is always fantastic. The people that work in the lobby are very helpful and always happy. The wait staff at breakfast was very pleasant! The only thing I will say is if you do not enjoy a firm mattress then beware. I personally love it, but I was not expecting it and flopped down on the bed and nearly knocked the wind out of myself! It is a very comfortable bed if you enjoy firm mattresses though!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank jwrichtetravel
HGI-IndyDowntown, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this review, December 21, 2010
Thank you for the positive review! I hope the bed wasn't too firm. You know, our beds are the new Hilton Garden Inn standard, Garden Sleep System, which all HGI's should have by now. They are adjustable between firm and soft using a dial at the top corner of the bed. Kings are adjustable on both sides where queens and doubles have one adjustable air chamber. I hope this helps for your future stays with us and other HGI's. Come back soon!
Indiana
Reviewed October 12, 2010

Very nice Hotel and great service. We had multiple couples in several rooms here. We required extra chairs, and tables for a function, they were very accomodating and pleasant!

• Stayed February 2010
1 Thank bluebeliever
Thank you for you for the review! We are glad to hear you had a good stay! Next time you come, you can use the self-parking garage across the street. It's currently $14 per car, per night with unlimited in and out privileges.
Lafayette, Indiana
Reviewed October 11, 2010

Beautiful room! The people at the front desk were incredibly friendly and helpful. I did the valet service, and I don't think I will again. Not that they weren't incredibly nice and efficient, but because there is a parking garage right next to the hotel. The hotel is right on the circle!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank jraestoner
Geneva NY
Reviewed June 29, 2010

I spent 9 nights in the Hilton Garden Inn on Market St and can truly say it was a home away from home.

Unlike the other two HGI properties i have stayed in, this was not a new construction. The hotel is within the walls of an old bank building. It is a very elegant decor which incorporates many of the elements of the old bank. They have posted photos of the old bank and interesting bits of information about its former life.

My room (king bed) was very spacious and the housekeeping staff kept it spotless the entire time. The A/C took some getting used to - the thermostat did not seem to be completely accurate but after the first day i figured out how to adjust it to my liking.

The desk staff was plesant and professional. But i have to say that a couple of times their directions to various attractions were inaccurate or out of date. But i felt that they were far and above the calibre of most i have encountered in my travels.

Their event coordinator, Lindsey, was endlessly patient and proactive with the organizers of our group's visit and really made us feel like she was concerned about our arrangements and enjoyment.

The hotel sits practically on the Circle and is an easy walk to dozens of restaurants of all price and variety. There was never a problem finding somewhere to dine. Within the circle is the "Chocolate Cafe" - candy store and ice cream parlor. Definitely a "must do"! Also, stop at the "Tea Pots & Treasures" store directly across from the hotel for a bit of calm and sanity.

Nothing to do with the hotel - but it was very aggrivating to me that the majestic Monument in the center of the Circle was not open after 5:00 at night and actually CLOSED on Mondays and Tuesdays! In the middle of vacation season? Give me a break! Very very very poor planning on the part of the City or whoever regulates that attraction. Still - be sure to take a long time to walk around it and read the various inscriptions. It is truly amazing. Just sorry that i was unable to take the trip to the top and purchase souvineres because of the screwy hours of operation.

But back to the Hilton Garden Inn- two thumbs WAY UP for the hotel and the amenities!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business